• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by ton.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • most inspiring person you know personally?
  • Pook

And why? I love positive inspiring stories

bearnecessities

Pop.

A strong, gentle and kind person, that now only I really know.

No matter what he gets dealt, and he’s been dealt a lot, he deals with it. Burdens me or no-one with anything and carries on with dignity, still providing his fatherly advice when I need it, which I still do at 35.

He’s a role model for how men, people even, should be, and I don’t reach anywhere near it, but I’m very lucky to have him as a Dad.

frazchops
    Free Member

I love mawkish clawing sentimentality

scotroutes

Me.

There, I’ve said it.

The truth is, no one matches up to my sheer perfection. I should, perhaps, feel bad about that but then I think of how much light and inspiration I bring to those in my circles and it gives me a warm glow knowing that they are lucky enough to know me.

Northwind

True

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Scotroutes. For all the reasons he listed above.

Caher

morrissey, sadly not personally though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

An ex drug addict I know on my wing who’s been in for 8 years. Turned himself around & thought ‘WTF have I been doing to myself & my family?’
    He’s still a gobby sod who acts like a spoilt kid sometimes, but hey ho, I can live with that if he carries on with his aim of helping other drug users turn themselves around.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Either,

my son’s orthapedic cardiologist / surgeon. He can (does) work 20 hours a day and is still as happy, friendly and caring with a child (and their parents) at 9pm as he is in the morning. An impressive man.

My wife who had a terrible few years in the early 2000’s but always kept going / exceeding!

This wee girl (and her parents). She was diagnosed with cancer at 3. I don’t think she ever stopped smiling.

willej

My friend, Andy. I’ve known him nearly 30 years. In 2004 he broke 9 vertebrae in his back and neck when he fell 20 metres, whilst rock climbing. Some of his doctors thought he wouldn’t be able to walk again, now he’s on the British Paracycling development squad. He whoops my arse on anything flat or uphill and has a lovely wife and baby daughter that he possibly wouldn’t have if he hadn’t had the accident. Funny old game, life.

theotherjonv

I don’t think I know anyone personally who is ‘inspirational’ but rather I know plenty of people who have done inspirational things or inspired me at one time or another. And at other times, have been an absolutely loathsome human, like we all can be sometimes.

piemonster

scotroutes – Member
    Me.

There, I’ve said it.

The truth is, no one matches up to my sheer perfection. I should, perhaps, feel bad about that but then I think of how much light and inspiration I bring to those in my circles and it gives me a warm glow knowing that they are lucky enough to know me.

This illusion would work better if you hadn’t posted photos of yourself on the interweb.

piemonster

Girlfriends grand dad.

94 and a fantastic example of how to live life well.

ton

prior to his sad death earlier this year, Deejay was one of the most inspiring blokes I have ever met.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘most inspiring person you know personally?’ is closed to new replies.