Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Most important core exercises?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

If I was to ask what would you consider the 5 most important core workouts that a cyclist should be doing. Which ones would you say, and in what order of priority.

I currently do planks (3 * 1min), Hip Raises and situps

Just looking for something that you can easily slot in to a 10-15 min session 3 times / week

Thanks

knottyknotty
    Free Member

ab ripper x, 16 mins of pain ,you wont need owt else , find it on utube or vimeo

BillOddie

If you want to build core stability hold something heavy over your head…

monkeychild
    Free Member

If you want to build core stability hold something heavy over your head

Some folk on here should be ripped then. Carrying about their egos must make them adonis 😉

BillOddie

Some folk on here should be ripped then. Carrying about their egos must make them adonis

You’re confusing size with mass… 😉

brooess
    Free Member

All core muscle groups, not just abs or lats – or you’ll become imbalanced.
    Lots of stretching and flexibility – especially hamstrings and lower back which get very tight for cyclists
    Worth some upper body work for biceps, triceps and shoulders for sprints and hill climbing.

Just do yoga!

noltae
    Free Member

Round the world / Russian twist – kettle bell
    Hot new girlfriend …

discoduck
    Free Member

Ride your bike !
    Chuck it about, shift your weight around practice hopping logs manualing and front wheel wheelies and enjoy it.
    This will improve your stability whilst you are actually riding, it doesent involve kettle bells and most importantly you don’t have to go down the Gym where strange folk lurk around touching themselves whilst looking in the mirror.

I don’t want to upset any one but your wasting your time, the earth has a core and so do apples, I was told this years ago, seeing as we don’t have one then what your actually doing is fuvking your back up.

If you have spare time then spend it on two wheels ?

hitman
    Free Member

correct posture

edward2000
    Free Member

Do a few pilates sessions. Not just for girls – but loads of girls go. I go to a class, out of about 20 people there are two other guys, which is secretly why I go…

annebr
    Free Member

edward2000 – Member
    Do a few pilates sessions. Not just for girls – but loads of girls go. I go to a class, out of about 20 people there are two other guys, which is secretly why I go…

You go because 2 guys go? You know there are better odds of meeting men in pubs.

edward2000
    Free Member

^ Megalol

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Most important core exercises?’ is closed to new replies.