Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Most of the time weekend warrior, sometimes racing but er, which bike….?
  • Kryton57

So I’ve started racing as a reason to be fitter and faster. Currently using a Steel HT but got battered recently on dry ST 50k. I could take my FS but its heavy for racing (30lb) and 5.5 inch coil (Tracer)maybe a bit ott for the singletrack / trail centre rides I would normally ride.

I am expecting a Ti HT frame as a lightwieght “project” frame next year from the missus as a b/day present.

Do I change the Tracer for something more in between (Whyte T120 / 120mm bike) or just MTFU and either take a battering / carry the weight?

Opinions please…… (ducks) 😀

transapp
    Free Member

I’ve just got myself a Giant Anthem X1 (2009) for pretty much the same stuff as you. It’s a bit heaview than my previouse bike (Trek 6700) but it’s quicker everywhere except for out of the saddle sprinting. It’s also a damn site comfier on long trips than the hard tail.
    Didn’t feel any less able than the Marin 120mm bike I trialled it against either (although a little ‘twitchier’) on the downhills / trail centres.
    Still early days though (about 5 rides in, roughly 150 miles) so plenty of time to change my mind!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Most of the time weekend warrior, sometimes racing but er, which bike….?’ is closed to new replies.