Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Most hazardous surface other than ice? Stories please.
  • hypnotoad
    Free Member

Wet manhole covers can be a little slidey had a few close calls but luckily managed to wtay upright.

northshore but made out of beds of nails. Am I doing this right?

A molten lava covered BMX track would be pretty hazardous

markcurtains
    Free Member

cannondaleking – Member
    Tramlines out side my shop when it’s wet dam things have almost killed me a few times over the last five years

Sheffield? Doesn’t even need to be wet and the tracks here are catching people out all the time. Often people trying to cross them at the wrong angle and getting wheels stuck

thenorthwind

Frosty roots (preferably off-camber).

other than ice

Possibly invalid.

Northwind

I crashed my motorbike once on a massive puddle of what I swear was ky jelly.

Failing that, it’s whatever that mad algae stuff is that’s growing on some of the rocks at kirroughtree. Smells awful too when you fall off on it and get it smeared on you.

grahamt1980

Aston in the wet.
    Have ridden lots of places in the wet. That place is just nuts. Loads of fun but nuts

skiboy
    Free Member

I have three offerings:

Another for anywhere near astonhill or wendover, green slime on chalk or wet leaves on chalk. Your going down.

Crossing at Fenny Stratford over canal. Engineering bricks in the wet just when you turn right after crossing the swing bridge. Hurt bad and cost me a XO rear mech.

Mini roundabout up the road from me. On exit of a garage, diesel spill in the wet, turned right, first thing to hit the Tarmac was the side of my helmet, learned the value of helmets that day.

Things like this always remind me if taking my test 20yrs ago. The instructor asked us what you do when you hit ice on a motorbike. The answer. fall off.

grannyjone
    Free Member

That steep slabbed descent between Scammonden and Rishworth in the Winter. Wheels slipping all over the place over those wet slabs. Don’t know how your supposed to ride this in Winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Most hazardous surface other than ice? Stories please.’ is closed to new replies.