• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Most hassle free way of paying a French hospital bill?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hurt myself in France and went to a hospital in grenoble. I have since received a bill for the treatment I received, it totals 24.95 euros.

My travel insurance has an excess of £50 so I wont be getting them to pay it.

Whats the best way of paying this bill?

juan
    Free Member

Mandat cash I think or cheque in euros.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I asked at the bank about a foreign cheque in euros and they said they dont do them.

Where do I go to get one, the post office?

Ta

Onzadog
    Free Member

can't you give them a bell and pay it on your credit card?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Bank transfer. Surely they can give you account details for you to just tell your bank to transfer the money

juan
    Free Member

59 times where is the hospital?
    Ask them if someone else can pay
    best

Onzadog
    Free Member

what happens if you don't pay them?

dmiller
    Free Member

Just wondering but what does 24.95 euros buy you in a french hospital?

Onzadog
    Free Member

dmiller – Member
    Just wondering but what does 24.95 euros buy you in a french hospital?

An umbrella brush?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Boardinbob, that was useful.

For anyone interested, I just phoned the overseas healthcare team at newcastle and the chap on the phone said im ust:

Send a cheque in pound stirling for the amount, with a covering note asking for a receipt.

I then phone the chaps at newcastle and get a claims form and I can apparently claim the amount back.

If you dont pay, they keep hassling you and apparently send the debt collectors round

Ta for your help

DrJ

Send a cheque in pound stirling for the amount, with a covering note asking for a receipt.

That will be a lot of pain for the sake of 20 quid. I can hazard a guess as to what a French hospital administrator will do with a cheque in GBP. I would ask for their account details and transfer the money. Then forget it.

uplink
    Free Member

It would cost a fair % of £20 to do a int. bank transfer

I like the idea of a Sterling cheque with accompanying letter [in English] 😀

DrJ

I like the idea of a Sterling cheque with accompanying letter [in English]

Why? To ensure that Brits get crap treatment next time around?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Most hassle free way of paying a French hospital bill?’ is closed to new replies.