Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Most Frightening towns to be a cyclist…
  • user-removed
    Free Member

Hmmm. Spent a year cycling around Edinburgh some years ago and most days involved traversing the city at least twice. I really enjoyed it – especially the network of old railway lines / canals. And I honestly thought the cars and buses were, on the whole, quite bike-aware.

Sunderland though 😯 Up until very recently, bikes just didn’t go on the roads. There’d be the odd old chap off to fish off the pier with rod and baitbox on the rack, always on the pavement.

The lack of bikes meant that absolutely no-one knew what to do when they encountered one on the roads – they literally just tried to drive through you. It’s slowly getting better with all the brand new road bikes wibbling about all over the place, but I still drive to work, after several near misses in a row, a few years back….

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Swansea and the surrounding area is pretty bad for road cycling, apart from gower.

jimbobm
    Free Member

Bradford is very bad, as said above, traffic lights etc mean nothing to bradfords motorists, its only 2 days since a cyclist got killed there again! and i agree that driving in bradford is scary as hell too.

leeds is very bad aswell but there are alot more cycle lanes which makes things a little better and the the cycle point at the station makes storage a hell of alot safer too.

james.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Bradford is pretty frightening full stop.

juan
    Free Member

Cannes… Nice and their surroundings.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Edinburgh apparently has a high number of cyclist deaths in recent years. Dunno why this should be so
    It’s cos they don’t wear helmets, obviously!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

YO, VEHICLE! GET OUT THE BOX JUNCTION!

All cities.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Most Frightening towns to be a cyclist…’ is closed to new replies.