Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Most fish fingers eaten in one sitting?
  • RustySpanner

Just had a fish finger butty – five of the little devils with tartare sauce.

Contemplating a second.

Gluttony or glory?

Stoner
    Free Member

how many in a box? Think Ive done 12 or was it 20?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Novice….

qwerty
    Free Member

Having a fishy finger in your butty and wanting more is just wrong.

RustySpanner

Pook

I ploughed through a full box, mmm fishy fingers, with red sauce and strokes of vinegar.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Fried egg and ketchup FTW.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

used to be 36 in a full box, and they could all fit on the glill pan…. 😳

Bunnyhop

Mmmm fish fingers rolled up in freshly baked brown bread slices with lashings of tommy sauce.
    5 for me, however I’m a small person, could manage 8 though on a greedy day.

Bregante

9 would be the requisite amount after a night ride. With 6 slices of Warby’s finest and loads of Heinz tomato ketchup.

bradley
    Free Member

I could probably easily put away a box of 12, maybe 20 depending on how hungry I am/what else is with the meal…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Me & a mate once had a fish finger butty eating contest. I think we had 4 slices of bread each with 4 fingers in each sarnie, so it was a draw at 16 each.
    (I’m a pig & he was hungry)

Junkyard
    Free Member

never ever eaten one

p7rich
    Free Member

deffo go back to the trough. Why not?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

White bread sandwich full of Fish Fingers, melted cheese and Mayo…….. Try it you’ll love it

cynic-al
    Free Member

2-3 I think

nick1962
    Free Member

Never really ate them till our kids came along and have had more in the last 5 months than in the rest of my 49 years. 5 is my regular portion but thats with oven chips ,garden peas piled onto several butties with fresh tomatoes rather than ketchup. TBH I feel an STW Cool hand Luke type challenge appropriate. I reckon I could eat dozens no probs

donsimon
    Free Member

This is silly, fish don’t have fingers…

p7rich
    Free Member

TBH I feel an STW Cool hand Luke type challenge appropriate. I reckon I could eat dozens no probs

I’m already working out how many baking trays i can get in the oven at the same time…

jmason
    Free Member

This is silly, fish don’t have fingers…

Not true

Bez

Surely five fish fingers is a fish fist?

Over to you folks for the innuendo fallout there.

wallop

Come back and talk to me wen you’ve eaten a box of Sainsburys Taste the Difference jumbo fish fingers.

donsimon
    Free Member

People say grammar isn’t important.
    Barry, the fish with, fingers S…….. 😯

Ambrose

Visions of Cool Hand Luke with a breaded belly- Urgh, sorry.

Kevevs
    Free Member

oh, I missed this. I just got paid and did some shopping, Tesco have 12 Birds Eye omega fish fingers half price for £1.24 or something. that’s 12p per fishfinger goodness. I don’t mind outing my fishfinger fetish now it has the approval of STW, I think it’s cos I had ’em at school and at home when I was a kid and they were a bit slimey back then circa early 80’s. Now I can buy my own shit-hot non-slimey fishfingers and squeeze as much sauce on as I want – I’m living the childhood dream! and the price of ethical line caught tuna has soo increased OMG!

coffeeking
    Free Member

One of those foods that I can just keep eating. Pretty much without limit.

zimbo
    Free Member

I could never resist a bite of the ones I was cooking for my girlfriend’s son when he was younger, so when he looked at me like something was up, I’d just tell him he had four fish fingers and one fish thumb.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m sizzling up some right now, yeah baby. white toast and ketchup.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if your toast is white your toaster is broken

mboy
    Free Member

One of those foods that I can just keep eating. Pretty much without limit.

Over the years, my love of many foods has come and gone, or I’ve just become indifferent to them.

I NEVER EVER tire of Fish Fingers!

Oddly, I usually just ration myself to 5 of the little wonders, with a plateful of chips too. I’ve never indulged my gluttony when it comes to Fish Fingers before!

I reckon I could easily put a family sized 36 pack of Birds Eye’s finest, probably more, in one sitting, given plenty of salt and vinegar (a must!). But then I am what you might call a greedy oik! My dinner tonight was an (iDave style) Omelette, 6 whole eggs, loads of spinach, about 6 inches of chorizo chopped up and fried in it, and a massive portion of chips, with a load of baby tomatoes on the side.

It barely touched the sides, and I was munching again half an hour later! 😛

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can’t believe there are still real people still talking about fishfingers, you are my people!! Mboy, I’m sending you over a 12 pack just for keeping the faith through the dark hours mate : (but yu do sound like yer overdong it on the stuff that isn’t fishfingers)

cheez0
    Free Member

made from jet washed fishbones, then drain the sludge and roll in breadcrumbs.

usually have six, could easily do more 😀

enfht
    Free Member

Should be made an Olympic event imo

Kevevs
    Free Member

jet washed fishfingers rolled in breadcrumbs FFS! that’s stw oneupmanship right there.

1. a fishfinger is a fish finger comes from captain birdseye
    2. a fishfinger is a fishfinger like cooked by yer mum
    3. a fishfinger is cheapshit and not posh like on stw
    4. a fishfinger is fried or grilled and eaten with red, that’s ketchup, sause as much as you want
    5. a fishfinger as built by the standard rules of above 1-3 must be sizzling hot.

thems the rules

there are other rules concerning bread and toast and stuff

nwgiles

My son can eat 3 sometimes 4 fish fingers.

is that good?

Kevevs
    Free Member

he complies to the above rules and therefore is in the games only if not posh fishfngers and must be birds eye!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I once ate 9 cheeseburgers in one sitting. I was 18. I was really pissed.

cheez0
    Free Member

irrelevant unless the cheeseburgers contained layers of fishfingers.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I suppose that was a red (or orange) herring 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Mboy, I’m sending you over a 12 pack just for keeping the faith through the dark hours mate : (but yu do sound like yer overdong it on the stuff that isn’t fishfingers)

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

One has to eat other foods once in a while though, if only to remind oneself just how good the fish finger is when I come to indulge! 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Most fish fingers eaten in one sitting?’ is closed to new replies.