Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Most expensive clothing item you have purchased?
  • ton

what is the most expensive item of clothing you have ever bought?

out of pure interest like.

hh45
    Free Member

A suit for £600. it lasted years mid you.

Mackem

A suit for about 400 quid.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Probably my down jacket

samuri
    Free Member

£500 for a suit. It did last quite a while. It had turnups.

wallop

Wedding dress. Only wore the damn thing once, too!

footflaps

Three piece wedding suit was £500. For a single item, £400 for a winter coat. Both from Ted Baker.

ads678

Probably my snow board jacket £250ish. I doubt i’m gonna win this one with that though. 😀

postierich
    Free Member

My Kilt £600 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Waterproof jacket, £230 ish.

br
    Free Member

Motorcycle leathers, best part of a grand.

ton

My Kilt £600

600 quid for a skirt……… 😯

scotroutes

Kilt – and all the bits. Two sporrans, shoes, jacket, waistcoat, shirt, sock, sgeann dubh, garters, belt…. must have been around £1,200 and that wasn’t recently 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

A Costume National Homme coat for £800 back when I was young, single and had no sense

br
    Free Member

Paid £200 for a pair of gloves 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

My Crowtree one piece made to measure motorbike leathers. Cost me about £900 but worth every penny.

GJP
    Free Member

$2500 + 8% sales tax in Barney’s in NYC for a Georgio Armani suit in 1999 to be the best man at my mates wedding. A young kid at clapham junction mistook me for working as a train operative 😳

Suit only ever wore once, and I have never bought any Armani stuff since.

mt
    Free Member

Harkila Pro Hunter Suit, Nowt better for those days out on the hill in real bad weather.

solamanda
    Free Member

Motorbike Leathers £550

Motorbike Goretex Textiles £500

MrNice
    Free Member

probably a pair of these for alpine climbing

£300ish

tomhoward

£250 on a TLD helmet? Non bike, I’m struggling to thing of anything over £100!

bokonon
    Free Member

£900 on a paul smith suit to get married in, still going strong 9 years later, still worn for weddings, job interviews and the like – got a lot of use this year and was worth every penny that my father in law paid for it.

Stuff that I actually paid for myself, probably winter climbing boots – done me 10 seasons so far, making them cheaper than most of the shoes I buy.

zippykona

It was bought for me if that still counts, my Barbour jacket.
    Mrs Zip bought it for my Christmas present years ago and if she wrapped it up and gave it to me every year it would still be all the presents I’d ever want.

septicpeg75
    Free Member

North face Parker jacket, £ 350, it’s cold up here!!

PJ266
    Free Member

It was bought for me if that still counts, my Barbour jacket.
    Mrs Zip bought it for my Christmas present years ago and if she wrapped it up and gave it to me every year it would still be all the presents I’d ever want.

Reassuring, bought one at the weekend in a mad moment. Also applicable for this thread as its by far the most expensive single item of clothing Ive ever purchased. Though I guess my Wetsuit was more if that counts.

montylikesbeer

As a proportion of salary a Marco Polo shirt and a pair of pants in 1980, 95% of my months wages.

Looking back I looked like a right a$$

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Pair of sidi road shoes, £250ish.

crispo
    Free Member

I’ve just got myself a Barbour Wax Quilted jacket and it’s seems superb so far!

garage-dweller

I guess mine would be a dry suit at around the £350 mark.

Always hated them but for depths of winter puddle sailing was regrettably an essential.

Bregante

I’ve got a custom Burberry Mac which I got through a close friend who knows the manufacturer. I got to go direct to the factory and choose everything from the buttons used, liner and everything. In a shop it would be well north of £1k but I paid a fraction of that – about £220 iirc.

Saying that it’s still easily the most expensive item of clothing I’ve bought!

northernmatt

I’ve never spent over £100 on one item of clothing. Most I’ve spent on one thing is probably about £65 for a snowboarding jacket which I rarely wear.

sharkattack

My Arc-Teryx gore-tex jacket was £240. I tried on every waterproof jacket in Newcastle and it was the only one I liked so I held my breath and went for it. Lost my job the week after and cursed myself! I’ll probably beat that if I ever need a decent suit.

I just broke my personal record for a pair of trainers at £95. Similar story. Walked all over the place looking for some and eventually caved and bought the only ones I liked.

Just realised I have spent my life in very cheap, no name, clothing.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Number 5 Dress Uniform (RAF) £1000 quite a while ago.

simmy
    Free Member

I don’t buy expensive clothes for day to day so probably my Gore Bike Wear jacket that cost £90 off E Bay

tarquin
    Free Member

Paid 650 for my Paul Smith suit for getting married in.

Otherwise I have several pairs of shoes that were more than £200 and a leather jacket that was about $600.

ton

it seems certain things are worth the bunce. things that may last a lot of years, say a suit, or a tailored jacket, I have always been a sucker for good leather shoes.

RustySpanner

Bike related – Gore Alp X 2 jacket.
    Nearly £200, but well worth it.
    Non pushbike – Wolf motorbike leathers. Still got them now.
    No bike mind.

I get my suits from M&S.

😀

somafunk

Probably a pair of sidi mtb shoes back in 2007, think they were £220 ish.

Don’t own a suit/trousers/shoes so apart from the above mtb shoes i guess i’m a scruffy tkmax or sale items only clothes buyer.

spockrider
    Free Member

Shush 🙂 £220 on a pair of boots last year, but don’t tell my OH. Wedding dress bust the bank years ago I don’t want to think what it cost.

brakes
    Free Member

£500 suit.
    wear it every day.
    it’s in desperate need of replacing!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Most expensive clothing item you have purchased?’ is closed to new replies.