Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Most enjoyable F1 race….
  • Not necessarily the best race, but Button coming from last to win in the rain has to be up there for me – any other stand-out’s that come to mind?

Some of the Mansell and Hill era possibly…

scotroutes

Mansell vs Piquet. Silverstone. 1987

iain1775
    Free Member

1993 European GP, Donington
    Senna’s march up the field on the first lap from 5th to first was the best example of a pure master at work but most people forget that Barrichello went from 12th to 4th on that first lap too

…and so far the 2015 US GP is looking good 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Spa ’98

jimw
    Free Member

Fangio Nurburgring 1957 -of course I didn’t see it but the film I have seen was incredible
    http://youtu.be/F8GewTBczsQ

One I did see on the telly at the time, 1979 french Grand Prix Gilles Villeneuve vs Rene Arnoux
    http://youtu.be/JeLK9UftveA

Knocks today’s F1 into the corner. I haven’t watched even one second of this year’s coverage it is so manufactured these days

spence
    Free Member

I’m with scotroutes, standing inside Copes and hearing the cheer coming down the straight after the overtake was something else.
    Special mention for the last few laps of Monaco 92.

scotroutes

We were standing on Hanger Straight just where he started the shimmy.

Mansell broke the lap record 11 times in the past 19 laps, then ran out of fuel and melted the turbo on the slow-down lap. 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can recall Jaques Villenerve being quite good in one race back in the late 90’s IIRC.. And a Damon Hill one too (same era?)
    Probe the last time I sat down to watch one TBH.

P20

Senna at Donnington or Button in Canada. Thoroughly enjoyed both

piemonster

No idea, but it’ll be something from from Mansell’s time.

I suspect that’s mainly just an age thing where I was properly interested at that time of life.

aracer
    Free Member

Spa ’98

slowoldman

Jim Clark, Monza 1967. Came from a lap down after a puncture to take the lead on the last lap only to have the fuel pump fail.

But that Arnoux/Villeneuve battle was brilliant too.

loddrik
    Free Member

P-Jay
    Free Member

Silverstone ’08

kjcc25
    Free Member

Silverstone 1995, the only F1 race I’ve been to, Damon Hill took himself and Michael Schumacher out of the race in an overtaking move, Johnny Herbert won and David Coulthard came third. The thing I remember most was the noise of the engines as the cars accelerated to Copse Corner from the start. Unbelievably noisy and exciting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Most enjoyable F1 race….’ is closed to new replies.