Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Most effective Internet heart rate calculator….
  • Kryton57

Yes, Yes I know its never exact, but please attach a link to a really good internet HR Rest/Max/Zone calculator please…

njee20
    Free Member

Why not calculate zones based on your measured (as in by you) HR?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don’t quite understand the question, but I’ve just done the calculations and the computer says your rest is 78, your max 165 and you’re pregnant.

footflaps

really good internet

Bit of an oxymoron wrt HRMs!

footflaps

and you’re pregnant

I thought it was ‘been clinically dead for at least 2 years’.

Or maybe I’m on a different website…

wwaswas

and you’re pregnant

I thought it was ‘been clinically dead for at least 2 years’.

see, this is why Kryton57 needs the most accurate one – now they won’t know if their dead or pregnant.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t quite understand the question, but I’ve just done the calculations and the computer says your rest is 78, your max 165 and you’re pregnant.

Kryton57

How do I enter dead and pregnant into my Garmin, and if I’m dead and pregnant, what is Zone 2?

:-/

Kryton57

njee20 – Member
    Why not calculate zones based on your measured (as in by you) HR?

How do I do this, calculate heart beat when sleeping / puking my guts up half way up the steepest hill?

donsimon
    Free Member

Really you need an HRM. You could download something like this or just use fingers for a rough guide.
    You need to find resting and max.
    To calculate your zones take the min from max to find range.
    Divide range by two and add your min to give 50%
    Add 10% of range to the 50% figure to get 60%.
    Repeat.
    I don’t see what the computer can do for you.

IanMunro
    Free Member

How do I do this, calculate heart beat when sleeping / puking my guts up half way up the steepest hill?

Yup pretty much.
    Rest HR take before getting out of bed after a stress and drink free day.
    Max puke your guts and then a bit more. Worth checking it for a couple of seconds after you stop as it might rise a little bit more.

The 220-age style guestimates are as accurate as trying to estimate hair colour. For instance the last 10K I did my avg HR was 178 going to 192 at the finish, but the 220 thing would says the max posible is 176. There’s a few other similar equations, but they all give similarly inaccurate results.

Just had a look on wikipedia and spotted this which sort of highlights the problem

Various formulas are used to estimate individual maximum heart rates, based on age, but maximum heart rates vary significantly between individuals.[5] Even within a single elite sports team, such as Olympic rowers in their 20s, maximum heart rates can vary from 160 to 220.[5] This variation is as large as a 60 or 90 year age gap by the linear equations given below, and indicates the extreme variation about these average figures.

Kryton57

IanMunro – Member

Rest HR take before getting out of bed after a stress and drink free day.

That was a joke, right? Does such a day really exist? 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Most effective Internet heart rate calculator….’ is closed to new replies.