Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Most annoying house move loss?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Battery recharger .

Not that annoying I suppose.

footflaps

In answer to how Fred West cost me money.
    I bought No 6 Cromwell Street in 1988, Fred lived at No 25.

That must have been pretty traumatic, finding out your next door (ish) neighbour was a serial killer…

pictonroad

Remote control for the telly. Absolutely devastating, used to love telly.

I’ve bought a cot on eBay that came with the wrong bolts. Looked right but wrong

Seller went quiet, one of you lot?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

^ yep, I *lost* the remote too.

Turned up in a cardboard box just before the second move. By that time better half had bought replacement. So – kept find all to self, hid it until all was forgotten. And then – after biding my time finally retrieved it from shed two nights back then sneaked it down side of cushion for some stealthy channel-switching prank fun. And how she swore.

As for the stand-screws – TV seems to work well without them, so if it aint broke..etc…

IA

Is stuff “lost” if I know it’s in one of the boxes, somewhere…just not which box?

matt_outandabout

The mahoooosive kids climbing frame/castle/storage shed/swing/climbing wall I built with a friend that had swollen and just would not let the bolts out…

🙁

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

The screws that hold the office chair together…. *sigh**

retro83
    Free Member

Legoman – Member

We were packing up to move, walked into the kitchen to find a wallet on the work top. It was the wallet I’d lost 18 months earlier, complete with cash, bank cards (now cancelled), driving licence (now replaced) etc.

The most infuriating thing is my wife picked it up somewhere assuming it was my current wallet & just put it in the kitchen, but she can’t remember where she found it. WHERE THE HELL HAD IT BEEN FOR 18 MONTHS??? IN A 2 BEDROOM HOUSE. WHICH I’D TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. SEARCHING FOR IT!!

She probably found it in her handbag or somewhere and was too embarrassed to tell you she’d had it the whole time.

mark90
    Free Member

My black window catapult. While annoying it’s not such a big deal as don’t have the same problem with cats shitting in the garden here.

The lids off a load of really useful boxes, which are now not quite so useful.

A bunch of ****’s for neighbours (I’m sure they think the same).

One the plus side we found the missus gold bead from her necklace and a Mazuma/Argos gift card worth qabot £70 down behind a unit in the dining room.

NZCol

Mate lost his 40 foot container off the boat containing, well everything inc his beloved and restored classic car.

tthew

We FOUND a telly remote control that had been lost about 18 months earlier. In some random kids game box, suspect a small resident or visitor must have posted it in there while playing.

Seem to remember loosing my sense of humour a couple of times during the moving process.

sssimon
    Free Member

Lost new M770 xt groupset in 2009

Found it in 2014 and no on really wanted a 9 speed triple grounset anymore!

nealglover
    Free Member

A snip under £600! At least we only need five, and there is free delivery, and a 6 month warranty

I hate to break it to you, after you spent £3000.00 on 5 bolts.

But they are only £1.55 each now 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Most annoying house move loss?’ is closed to new replies.