Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Most annoying cyclist activities
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t know (but expect) Boris Bikers have been added to this list.
    I’d also like to add Cycle Commuters who leave Canary Wharf on masse down the Superhighway that navigates itself along Shadwell towards Tower Bridge.. All of them, you are all idiots and selfish gits. This route becomes a manic ride along what everyone seem to think is fair game to push/baul/shout and threaten. It meanders along a winding pedestrian/cycling route and I’ve seen move angst and stupid bloody minded angry Commuters hacking through and in between other users. Invariably this has lead to folks being forced off the route into the road, that in itself is a one way busy road, seen pedestrians ran over, pushed out of the way when they exit Shadwell station, seen people run over when they are crossing the zebra crossings, shopping bags jettisoned like confetti. I’ve seen bikes crash into the kerbs, ram the rider in front, attempt suicidal overtakes into oncoming cyclists, and folks having a go at each other at the lights halfway down.

Seriously, if you are one of them, suck on an inner tube you ****.. And yes, thats a swearword and used in correct context. 😈

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Today I was hauling a heavy load (43.6t gross) up over the A628 Woodhead Pass out of Ashton when I came up behind a long stretched out train of about 7 cyclists. If their kit was to be believed it was most of Team Sky.
    From before Crowden until Vals Big Baps I was stuck behind them. There wasn’t enough space between the individuals for me to pull in and there was no way I could get past them all in one go. I gave up eventually and pulled over for a kip.

So as above but also those who pull up in front of me again at another red light after I’ve given time, space and patience to get past safely in a town. The only reason that red light stopped me was because I was being courteous.

That and people not wearing helmets on the trail. I don’t wanna have to bunny hop over their brains. I’m not good at bunny hopping

large418
    Free Member

Pedalling with their instep. Really gets my goat – I feel like shouting at them when I go past!

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Oh and people who smoke (whilst pedalling) especially with their saddle down and their tyres at about 15psi.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Most annoying cyclist activities’ is closed to new replies.