Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Most and least favourite courier companies
  • leffeboy

I was overjoyed to find that something I had ordered was being delivered by UPS. They are easily my favourite courier as they always come by the office at the same time and have never screwed up yet

DHL on the other hand seem to have gone from being the go to company for deliveries to the one I fear most. They have lost passports for us a couple of times and managed to fail to deliver a parcel for me 5 times in a row as they couldn’t type the address correctly into their nav systems 🙁 – muppets

So, who are your most and least favourite couriers?

Cougar

Gold standard – DPD.

Worst of the worst – Yodel.

</thread>

TheDTs
    Free Member

DHL don’t do local express in the UK anymore, this part of their business was sold to YODEL a few years ago.

FedEx seem reliable to me. TNT also deliver regularly.
    We worked out that the TNT driver climbs and descends Everest (Equivalent) once a week, in and out of cab in and out of box. Still a big chap though!

headfirst
    Free Member

Cougar is absolutely correct. I sent a long email to a company explaining why I wouldn’t be buying 50 quid of dog food from them on a monthly basis for ever more after just two months until they could assure me they would never ever ever cross their heart and hope to die use Yodel ever again.

And DPD are great.

simmy
    Free Member

DPD = first class

Yodel & Hermes = joint hopeless

mrblobby
    Free Member

DPD. Always happy to pay the extra. Super tracking app too.

It’s a shame for some other couriers that City Link are no more, they could be confident they’d not be the worst while City Link were still going 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

I once had to chase after a ‘freelance’ courier (maybe Hermes) who I watched come to the front door without a parcel and put a missed delivery card through the door and hurry back up the drive.

tetchypete
    Free Member

DPD head and shoulders above the rest. I wasn’t in the least bit surprised when Shitty Link went bust.

BoardinBob

Least = royal mail. Crap tracking on all but the most expensive services.

Never had a problem with anyone else. Collect Plus has been particularly good and consistent

Northwind

DPD for receiving stuff. Yodel worst of course. (they’ve just got 2 new drivers for our campus, both obnoxious cretins, trying to bully or guilt staff into signing for stuff they shouldn’t, failing deliveries… Terrible… It’s a tough beat tbh and they’ve not had adequate support from Yodel either but that’s not what’s made them arseholes.

As a shipper, Hermes. Might sound daft but they’re incredibly cheap, and of the 800 or so parcels I’ve shipped I’ve had only a couple of serious incidents. One was bad- the courier threw a 5kg item over a fence! And a couple lost. But the claims process is quick and easy, it’s easier to get money back from them than parcelforce frinstance. And the ebay integration etc is fantastic. Went to them because they were cheap, stayed because they were decent.

On average they seem to miss the delivery timescale about 1 time out of 10, which is fairly poor but very rare that it’s by more than a day.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Top marks to dpd with ups a close second.
    Yodel need to be shut down but they are nowhere near as bad as shitylink were.

Dpd charge a premium and this gets filtered down to the drivers pay packet and as a result they get to choose who they hire.
    Yodel pay peanuts as did shitylink and this is reflected in the quality of driver they can hire.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

DPD has a lovely app and the best tracking, but I also like PF as the delivery driver always comes at the same time and signs for stuff and hides it if I am not there. My Hermes lady is really good as well.

Amazon logistics are probably the worse. I use that subjectively tho, stuff gets here, but no proper tracking, no consistency in delivery times etc.

thv3
    Free Member

Yodel – repeatedly useless. Best example was when I checked the tracking 2/3 days after expected delivery date;
    1st Attempt – You weren’t in (I was, and so was my missus and the dog), so we left a card (they didn’t).
    2nd Attempt – You weren’t in (I wasn’t, but my missus and dog were), so we left a card (they didn’t).
    After complaining and arranging redelivery ;
    3rd attempt – Your package has arrived damaged, but don’t worry we have left a card (they didn’t) and returned to sender…. 🙄

Best is DPD, great app, delivery options and no messing around. Will happily pay more every time.

davosaurusrex

I have one of the new Volvo Lego technic sets on order from the lego store. I was all excited about getting it tomorrow until i got the tracking details and found out it has been sent with Yodel. Just hoping to get it in one piece now (see what I did there? Comedy gold my friends).

revs1972
    Free Member

DPD is very good. If I know I’m not going to be in, I get it rerouted to Halfords and pick it up from there.
    Yodel , closely followed by UK Mail are the worst. Left thousands of pounds of consumables on the doorstop, and signed for it themselves. Luckily I had to nip out and found them before anyone else did !

oink1
    Free Member

Best – DPD
    Worst – Yodel, My Hermes. ****.

crapjumper
    Free Member

Dpd – the best by far . City link – god awful fu*kups even more so . Good riddance. They lost a new gopro I’d bought and compensated me to the tune of £63 👿

ross980
    Free Member

Much love for DPD here. It’s understandable though. I ordered something last week from 7dayshop (included a Li-ion battery so was sent by courier), after dispatch I got a message from DPD – I clicked the link, the information provided was great, it told you:
    Where the driver was now with live Google map
    Which number drop off mine was and which number the driver was on
    A 1 hour time slot when delivery was due
    A photo of the driver

Awesome service.

Alphabet

DPD gets my vote for being the best.

I’ve not had many problems with any of the others receiving goods but they just aren’t as slick as DPD. Also the others often just leave the parcel outside where DPD will leave it in my safe (and dry) place.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

As others have said
    UPS, DPD, & TNT are the best ,

For Hermes and Royal Mail it depends on the local delivery man courier and luckily both mine are spot on, plus my neighbours very hospitable too

teasel
    Free Member

A photo of the driver

I first noticed this last week – my guy looked really pissed off in the pic but was kinda cool when he arrived in the flesh.

The tracking is a nice touch and sets the standard for others to follow; you can even see if they’re going to be earlier than planned and shuffle the day as required.

Yodel is okay around these parts but only after a fair bit of grief. Parcel Force have slipped over the last year but I rarely see the same driver twice.

nickc

DPD wins every time, although I’ve noticed that because where I live there are only a few houses and the post code on sat nav does pretty much take you to my door, luckily for me, most of them can manage it

Apart from Yodel, who got lost…

Cougar

They lost a new gopro I’d bought and compensated me to the tune of £63

That seems odd to me. Your contract is with the seller, as is the courier contract; you’ve no relationship with Yodel. The seller should be replacing it, and any compensation from the courier should go back to them.

momo

I’d like to add a nomination for Interlink Express in the worst courier category. My wife bought me an Uuni pizza oven as an anniversary gift, it was due to be delivered on the Thursday, tracking info for a 1 hour slot, which came and passed and then changed on the website to ‘between 6pm and 10pm’, surprise surprise it was not delivered. Another 1 hour slot on the Friday which again was not delivered. On to Monday, two emails with separate tracking info for 2 parcels, the first was delivered on time, however, despite there being 2 cars on the drive the driver decided to walk round to the back garden and put the parcel (which turned out to be the cover only) in the greenhouse without even trying the door!
    So we still had the most important parcel to arrive, the allotted time came and MrsMomo was tracking the driver on their website, she watched the driver turn onto our street, I went to the front door and watched the van drive past, turn around and bugger off in the opposite direction, by the time I had walked out to the fron of the house there was no sign of them. Then the text message came through – we have delivered your parcel to your safe place, please see attached picture! So we opened the picture up, of my new pizza oven sat in front of a house, sadly not my house! I phoned the contact number (found through google maps, as no phone numbers on the interlink website) wrong depot, they did however give me the number for my local depot. I rang the right depot, explained what had happened, they then put me on hold and contacted the driver, I waited in silence and was then greeted by ‘the driver is certain that they delivered it to the right house, but will go back and check at the end of their round…if they have time!’

Thankfully the nice man from down the road appeared with my pizza oven a couple of hours later, they’d left it by his back door, wrong side of the road, house number not even similar to mine!

Notter
    Free Member

Another +1 for DPD, comms are excellent from them and the time slot info along with live tracking means you can basically predict to a 5 minute window when they’ll arrive. Makes managing your day around a delivery so simple.

Northwind

If I was going to rob a courier van, it’d definitely be DPD, their tracking app would be really useful

DezB
    Free Member

ParcelFarce – deliver on a Friday, not in, card says “We will deliver tomorrow”. Oh good, that’s a Saturday, I can be in. “not weekends”. Ok, I’ll go on the website and arrange to pick it up from a local Post Office. Check, job done.
    Monday, they turn up with the delivery.
    Effin useless.

turboferret

I like MyHermes from a posting point of view – a couple of mins on the website, print out a label, then drop off at the corner shop.

However, from a receiving perspective, not quite the same story 😀

Cheers, Rich

allan23
    Free Member

DPD have always been good for the keeping you informed.

I’ve not had any problems with Hermes local to me – their couriers seem pretty good and they’re normally my preferred if I’m posting stuff, if I’m selling I’ll normally check with the buyer on Hermes in their area as it does seem to depend on the delivery at the other end.

UPS have been good when I’ve had stuff delivered, drivers will usually ring you if they have a question too.

Amazon couriers are good at home, hit or miss for the work address. Often don’t turn up and then try to claim you weren’t in.

Don’t touch Royal Mail if I can help it after some Chrimbo presents went missing and turned up in February back at the senders house having been opened, inspected and generally ruined.

Jamie
    Free Member

Adding UK Mail.

Had a delivery window of 12:46 > 13:46, was home at 12:40 and they’d already left a card. Then I get an email at 13:03 saying they just tried to deliver, but I wasn’t there.

So missed the window, then lied about it.

When DPD have been early, they’ve waited in the street till the window started.

Grrr!

sobriety
    Free Member

Parcelforce.

Ordered something from Germany with DHL, awesome I think they’re pretty good.

Turns out they hand over to Parcelforce for UK delivery.

Who have failed to deliver my parcel due to ‘insufficient address’ which is the same work address that everybody else manages to deliver to fine.

Useless bunch of cockwombles

finephilly
    Free Member

Yodel are the worst by miles. Hermes are cheap but they lose a lot of shit. My local APC depot is OK. Ups are excellent.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Most and least favourite courier companies’ is closed to new replies.