Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Most addictive food?
  • jimjam
    Free Member

I’m currently trying to wean myself off crisps (which is hard enough since they’re pretty tasty) so I’ve been buying nuts for when the urge to snack takes over.

having just eaten an entire bag of pistachio nuts I am currently contemplating eating another. What the hell is it about them? They’re like crack in a bag 😀

MoreCashThanDash
    oldnpastit

I have a colleague at work who claims that Norwegian salted caramel liquorice is completely irresistible.

He’s Norwegian though, which could explain it. YMMV. Personally, I find them quite easy to resist.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Smoky bacon and cheese toasties.
    Bombay mix.
    Co-op chardonnay vinegar crisps – there should be a law that they make them in smaller packets as 150g is nothing!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Nutella

johndoh
    Free Member

Prawn Cocktail Pringles.

windydave13
    Free Member

Harribo Fangtastic

ton

bread……any kind. i crave it. lost five stone on a certain diet.
    started eating bread and put a stone back on without even trying.

i could sit and eat a large warburtons thick sliced loaf, with butter and potted beef, without even trying

spacemonkey

Pringles
    Dairy milk
    Cheese
    Homemade sausage rolls
    Homemade scotch eggs
    Homemade flapjacks (or similar)

njee20
    Free Member

Heroin?

Bregante

Popcorn
    Wasabi nuts/peas

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Marmite and Humous for me – though not together obviously. I’ve also got into the habit of having a packet of Maltesers with a Banana – delicious. Can’t eat a banana without them now.

Have been on the look out for Beef Jerky since the thread on it the other night. Never had it, sounds like it could be right up my snacking street.

colournoise

Salted peanuts.
    Ice cream (except pistachio and mint choc chip).
    Munchies.

brooess
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s these…

… or these

yunki
    Free Member

Meat

DrP

Crack pies.

DrP

skink2020

Fox’s gold bars. The crack cocaine of the food world.

sweepy
    Free Member

Chorizo for me, although I’ve just discovered the existence of salt and chilli chips at the chinese takeaway- why wasn’t I told sooner, Ive been wasting my life on standard chips all this time.

grim168
    Free Member

Baked bread today for the first time. Chorizo loaf. It won’t need preservatives 😯

Any or all of these.

PMK2060

Maltesers. I can eat them until I start to feel sick.

binners

Morrisons salt and pepper bread. Or crack bread as it’s known in our house. With a selection of cheeses you can keep going until you lapse into a food coma.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I think I’ve broken it down into groups:

Strong opiates: That’s your hot pork products. The mere whiff of a golden sausage roll, or breakfast bacon sizzling across the dawn chill of a campsite. Favoured by lifelong junkies.

Antidepressants: That’ll be cake, chips and chocolate. They literally fly into your mouth, each o me makes you feel progressively loved-up until the last one is gone at which point you feel like a wretched, lonely,unloveable beached-belly-up farty-walrus.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Does anyone else cry when chancing upon a hot pig roast?

– Soft sighis. The sweet, gentle tears of expectant joy (has money in pocket).

– Agape rolling dewdrops. Bright, shining, full and honest tears of childish disappontment (does not have money in pocket).

– Bitter streams. Glistening rivulets following the path of denial. All the way from the screwed-up eyes to the sulking lips. This former-porkboy is enjoying his dietary masochism in spades as he reaches for an apple. Pride and resentment compete for each self-righteous mouthful. Leaving this place, he glances sideways at joyful, greasy-chinned pork-revellers. He sees their eyes shine with gay abandon, their napkins flipping and flapping, the air is full of gravy, dripping gravy, guilty gravy, lustful folds of hot pulled pork conceal nuggets of hot, crispy pork crackling. He breaks into a run, the apple drops from his mouth as he trips, falls and sobs. As he trips he hears and feels the chinkle of change in his pocket. A porky grin unfurls beneath a twitching nose. The tears are long dry before he returns at double-speed to the roast, borne aloft on the symphonious scent of porcine perfection he is unaware of his own feet. Is he flying? He gathers his senses for a moment. He tries too hard to look casual as he approaches the stall and assumes poistion. A giggle escapes. But now, all of a sudden it feels utterly mundane. Depressingly so. Predictable. Not now magical. Not glistening with wildwood lust. Not now the faintly erotic Panic of the huntsman. He’s just a fat old bloke queueing for a greasy bap.

lunge

Chocolate, ideally Green and Black milk chocolate, I could eat it until I’m sick. Hence in currently on a chocolate free diet to try and break this cycle.

CheesybeanZ

Chillies , pretty much any food with chilli in it .

bones
    Free Member

Chillies , pretty much any food with chilli in it

This. I try to put chillies of some form in every meal. For the last year or so, I felt like I’m getting an ulcer, so have had to cut down which has helped. Try Dave’s on scrambled egg. Roasted fresh habaneros. Reaper powder on a margherita. Heaven.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Chilli sauce on scrambled egg? Now we’re talking. Grate some cheese into the egg while cooking. A basic habanero sauce does the job for me, nothing to flavoursome/garlicky tonerwise egg flavour gets buried – yet a fairly hot sauce with that pure pepper-fruit aroma goes just right with cheezyeeg. Also – Blairs ‘Sudden Death’ sauce with egg is, er, interesting …

RobHilton
    Free Member

Bread for me – actually got a bit of a problem with it :/ I’ve put on half a stone in the last few weeks…

Currently nomming a mixed olive sourdough from Gails – awsome stuff! Bloody expensive though.

Edit:Pure piggy poetry from Malvern Rider there 🙂 Also seems to have some issues… :mrgreen:

binners

jimjam – don’t ever got to Istanbul. There’s blokes roasting pistachios on little stalls on the streets in the centre. They bag them up for you, still warm. You can’t walk past them, and will keep going until your thumbs are bloodied stumps

jimjam
    Free Member

Rob Hilton – Member

Bread for me – actually got a bit of a problem with it :/ I’ve put on half a stone in the last few weeks…

Bread is an easy one to kick though. If you can stop eating for a week, once you try it again you’ll feel like someone teleported a Mondeo into your guts. Really nasty. I went off it completely for about a year as I was addicted to it too (especially with ham and lakeshore honeymustard) but limit myself now.

binners – Member

jimjam – don’t ever got to Istanbul. There’s blokes roasting pistachios on little stalls on the streets in the centre.

They bag them up for you, still warm.

You can’t walk past them,and will keep going until your thumbs are bloodied stumps

sandwicheater

Salted pistachio nuts are my crack. Last Christmas polishing off 1kg in a sitting was not my proudest moment.

It would be bacon but as there is a certain amount of prep involved my lazybones protect me from over indulging.

mogrim

Bread here, my local Lidl seems to have a particularly good supply of it. Although a standard Spanish loaf with a bit of butter won’t last long, either.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Most addictive food?’ is closed to new replies.