Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mosso alloy rigid forks – will my friend die?
  • robdob
    Free Member

Building a bike for someone and these forks seem ideal:

http://bit.ly/1h87BYA

No particular problems noted recently on a Google search.

Going to be used on a bike used for gentle off road/cycle paths etc but would like to know they are strong enough to cope with more.

robdob
    Free Member

Anyone?

kinda666
    Free Member

I’ve just put a pair on my cheapy voodoo bokor with a gazzalodi up front, haven’t used them in anger yet though, I’m a 16 & a half stone biffer and have took a chance on them.. Time will tell.

zippykona

I’m sure I looked at these a few years back but was put off by the scare stories.
    Could be mistaken but fairly certain.

cjr61

I had a pair of these on a single speed that I used for commuting and cycle paths. Very light and felt pretty stiff. Even when I was weighing in at around 95kg they felt solid. I wouldn’t trust them for full XC but cheap and cheerful for easy stuff. Hope that helps

Kato

I had a pair on my singlespeed and they were fine

tinribz
    Free Member

I’d a pair and they’d a funny rake that made the steering feel weird.

dyl
    Free Member

I had a pair on my old steel GT and I really liked how they felt and looked. I was put off a bit by the amount they bend when braking and by the odd scare story on other forums, but they didn’t fail in the few months I was using them.

Still not sure whether to use them again, they’re still sitting in the garage doing nowt.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i have a pair i would be willing to sell. i didnt get along with them. i put them on a 90’s ally frame and it was all just too rigid felt like i was being shaken apart. but that was riding rocky bridleways and im probably just soft after riding armchairs for too long. i put a pair on my mates gt which he only ever rides to the pub and he loves them. they are very very light. pm me if your interested, they have hardly been used

robdob
    Free Member

Thanks but I need a very long steerer at 230mm + and I’d prefer new.

Hooter
    Free Member

I had some on my singlespeed mtb for a while, they seemed fine for average off road riding

takisawa2

I’ve had the Exotic alloy forks. They were nice, cheap, & no issues from my ham fistednessness.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mosso alloy rigid forks – will my friend die?’ is closed to new replies.