Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mosquito nets – how to hang?
  • Jakester
    Free Member

Off to that there Europe next month (if they’ll let me in!) and I have a tendency to react very badly indeed to the nibblings of biting insects (as the state of my legs after Wales at the weekend are anything to go by).

I’m therefore thinking about taking a mosquito net along, having failed to do so every time in the past and being consequently bitten to buggery.

It’d need to cover a double bed – which is where I struggle. I’ve found nets of adequate size but they all need to be suspended from the ceiling, which I presume requires a permanent hook. We’re staying in a rented villa, so don’t want to screw hooks into the roof, and given the nature of the ceiling it looks like I might not even be able to reach up there.

Does anyone have any ideas how to suspend a mozzy net that doesn’t require a permanent hook? I’m idly considering some way of suspending it off paracord strung across the room, but I suspect that’ll not work either…

jimdubleyou

I’m idly considering some way of suspending it off paracord strung across the room, but I suspect that’ll not work either…

Having stayed in some pretty ropey places whilst on my travels, the paracord option is the best.

You can often hang it on a loop between the main door and the window or maybe the wall lights (if it’s a classy joint), but obvs depends on the layout of the room.

You can also try those 3M command hooks if it’s a one off – they will come off without removing paint if you’re only there a couple of weeks.

molgrips
    Free Member

Couple of these.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Take some string and duct tape, stick to ceiling and remove after 😉

globalti
    Free Member

None of those will work. Get a couple of telescopic alloy tent poles and erect them on the head and foot of the bed then drape the net over them.

Plenty here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xtent+poles.TRS0&_nkw=tent+poles&_sacat=0

jambalaya
    Free Member

Duct tape and string definitely works 😉 You need to be careful not to lean on the net and pull it off the ceiling

If its really and you can do a Bradley Wiggins and sleep in a tent on the bed (he did it for oxygen training or something similar) or as @globalti says

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mosquito nets – how to hang?’ is closed to new replies.