Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • mosaic tiles – easy to do
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

So the kitchen is finished and just the tiling and flooring to do. I’m doing the oak floor myself and I was planning on getting a tiler in for the mosaic tiles.

But I’m thinking that I might just do it myself. I’ve tiled before in our old house and it looked okay but the walls were all uneven so it didn’t look amazing. Kitchen has been newly gyproced where the old tiles were so I can’t see it being that hard to do. Also have an upstand on the worktop to nice straight edge to work to.

Any difficulties I’m likely to encounter with mosaic? Only problem I can see is if I have to cut any of the individual tiles cause they’re so small. I normally do a good, neat job when I take on diy so I should achieve a pretty good finish. Just can’t see why a tiler would do a much better job than me to be honest.

bruneep

Just can’t see why a tiler would do a much better job than me to be honest.

go for it then, agreed how hard can it be?

😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well it’s plain matt white so it shouldn’t be too complicated to follow a pattern 😉

I’ve got a couple of tilers out to give me a price anyway.

coffeeking
    Free Member

A tiler probably wont do a better job, they’ll probably just do it faster. If time is no issue then give it a shot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘mosaic tiles – easy to do’ is closed to new replies.