Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Morzine vs BikeVerbier?
  • Northwind

Shaggmeister, out of curiosity what did you do around Les Arcs? Guided, resort-only or did you get out to the good stuff? I liked Les Arcs but it was still the worst day’s riding of our holiday… Then again I bet it’s got more to offer if I knew where to look.

Blower
    Free Member

just taking issue with Blower suggesting Verbier has loads of hike a bike when he is just so like all about the uplifts…

Chamonix was imense and my kinda riding for the downs,but its hard to get yer moneysworth for the downs in a day.

im not dismissing Verbier one bit,i phrased that wrong the hike a bike,i have a fair few mates who have been n say its damn good,but you gotta earn yer downs more and some of em are hard earnt,which yeah ok fair do’s and i hear nowt but good things off Phil n Lucy…

Shag,all the singletrack i keep telling ya about is steep and techy! just not much people know about it at all really,

all the stuff just in Morzine valley the secret stuff get 20 runs in a day if youve got it in ya but youll be fuked after and let me tell ya thats yer moneysworth Downhill wise Shag man with not one bit of pushing or pedalling yer bike 😆
    they just ride the crappy main line stuff in the PDS.

theres me thinking last year i’d writeen Morzine off but low n behold after season there opened my eyes

and the stuff at Champery is bang on i could ride there every day,

singlespeedstu

Just out of interest what do BV call the trail in your picture? It is one of my favourite ones in that area.

Mrs ssstu got to name that trail.

It’s called Hyperventilation on account of the fact she forgot to breath for about half of it. 😆

gsp1984
    Free Member

We did Chatel / Morgins/ PdS area last year… It was a nice introduction, just way to busy, and far to man made… It was wet went we went in June and the whole place was a mess, with huge ruts and braking bumps that would feel big with even 200mm.

We’ve book Sainted Foy with thewhiterooms this year, hopefully gonna be much more natural and quieter, being guided it should be epic, heard nothing but good things.

Blower
    Free Member

We did Chatel / Morgins/ PdS area last year… It was a nice introduction, just way to busy, and far to man made… It was wet went we went in June and the whole place was a mess, with huge ruts and braking bumps that would feel big with even 200mm.

As i keep saying its the main line ya need to keep away from,

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Morzine vs BikeVerbier?’ is closed to new replies.