Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Morzine tourist tax
  • breninbeener

Im currently in Morzine, in an apartment that we rented via airbnb.

The people who have just left downstairs said they had to pay tourist tax?

Really? What am i paying for? I have already bought French fuel, tolls, shopping, supported bars and thrown big money at their bike lifts!

How much should i expect to pay?

BoardinBob
    whitestone
    Free Member

Two Euros?! With the run on the pound following Brexit that’s £57.50 a day 😯

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Taxe de sejour

I’ve nearly always paid it in France. Usually a Euro a night or so, sometimes less.

jambalaya
    Free Member

French government are quite rightly collecting what is due which Hotels collect and which AirBnB landlords have typically tried to avoid. In Nice for example local hotels and the local government have successfully shut AirBnB down

As for the amount its pretty minimal, a few euros a day a person. The landlord could pay it out of his rent if he chose.

BTW summer lift passes are really cheap imho for what you get.

t-p26
    Free Member

You know when you get free buses and the like in these resorts…..the one Euro or so you pay helps fund that. I wish I had a decent public transport system locally that was funded by such things…. SUCK IT UP!

legend
    Free Member

lolz @ “big money” for lift passes! Are you using UK uplifts or a winter ski pass as your frame of reference there?

It’s like a council tax for visitors and probably €1/person/day so not worth frothing over.

momo

€1.20 a day when we were there a couple of weeks ago

mugsys_m8

Everyone pays taxe de séjour When Staying in hotels etc. Not just foreigners. It’s not an amount to worry about.

benpinnick

It pays for the ‘Free’ buses 😉

breninbeener

Cool. I was expecting something rather punitive and expensive.

we have holidayed in Fr for the past 8 yrs and this is the firdt time i had been aware of it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Morzine tourist tax’ is closed to new replies.