Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Morzine – most spectacular Trail
  • MatA
    Free Member

Off to Morzine in a couple of weeks. First time I biking in the alps. Generally going to stick to the bike park type stuff. But fancy one ride taking in the most spectacular views & trails. Any recommendations and / or pics?

vinnyeh

Col de Cou into Champery is at that nice meeting point between pain/gain/scenery/technicality (conditions dependent) for folk who are merely competent on a bike.

dashed
    Free Member

Top of Mossette – view out to dents du midi? Take your pick of trails from there.

Or Mont Cherry in Les Gets – views back to Mont Blanc pretty good.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best views will not be from the bike park trails FYI.

Best view is from Lac Joux Plan / Bourgesoie (Mont Blanc) then excellent trail down into Samoens (need taxi back up or to Morzine). If you want you can just ride round to the view point then back to the Les gets bike park. Also Mont Caly (as above Mont Chery lift then pedal round – red trail, nice restaurant). As above top of Arrete Berrois/Col du Cou (have to push to the very top above the hut at the Col) is good too.

Photos to follow (at work)

deadkenny
    Free Member

Col de Cou for me was amazing. Somewhat scary also along the narrow ridge and in damp conditions.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I cannot post photos from office – photo below form another STWer of “ride in” to Les Borgesoie ride to Sameons.

Mont Blanc

dashed
    Free Member

Any links to the col du cou map? Definitely want to do it this year – where do I find a decent route guide – not coming up with much on Google?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dashed – search on here, I think a few STW-ers have offered GPX

Online via mapping services you can find route on marked paths, have a look for these places. BTW phone app from swissmobil for mapping is excellent

Mosettes lift round on fireroad past Lapisa farm/restaurant to Col du Cou (hut), then push to top of hill and follow Arete Beroi, then down under cliffs at Barm/Braye and into Champery.

Photo from ridge above Col du Cou is in this thread plus directions

linky

dashed
    Free Member

Awesome, ta!

ianfitz
    Free Member

What’s the score with paths/trails round chatel/morzine. Are some designated as footpaths only or bikes permitted everywhere.

I’m quite happy to ride cheeky at home 😉 but just wondered

nickjb
    Free Member

There’s a few no vtt signs on some of the short linking trails near the lifts where you get more riders but once you are a little further away it’s all fine. In several years I’ve only ever had one issue and that was from an English couple walking on a marked trail. Probably best not to do loads of skids then post a video like the sweaty northerners did, though.

ianfitz
    Free Member

cheers Nick thats helpful and good to know.

I’m not a knarly type of rider and am not in a rush, will always happily go slow and say hi to anyone passing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Morzine – most spectacular Trail’ is closed to new replies.