Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • morzine map
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

does anyone have a detailed trail map of morzine or a link please

tollah
    Free Member

You can buy them from the book shop down near the square, I know it doesn’t help a lot but useful info non the less!

snaps
    Free Member
    phil.w
    Free Member

do you mean this or the French version of an OS map?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

nope none of them they produce a detail map those only show a fraction i just can’t find a electronic copy i put my paper one in the wash 🙁

Ambrose

Larry- I have various Morzine cycling maps. Can you be a bit more specific please? Just Morzine or the whole of PdS? I also have lots of *.gpx or *.mmo of the XC stuff. DH is not my thing at all.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Garmin Connect is always useful too

GEDA
    Free Member

I got what you want. I got what you need… 🙂

http://www.mapplus.ch I extracted the maps from here using the App ”Mobile Atlas Creator” so you may want to use that to download the tile sets to use as overlays in Google Earth or on your GPS. The further away from Switzerland you go though the less detailed the maps but they were a real help with route mapping and biking this summer.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i am after a .pdf of the down hill trails realy although i would also be interested in any .gpx trails that you can get to from the lifts but don’t require pedaling as it would kill me on my downhill bike !

thanks

flowmtbguy
    Free Member
    Scamper
    Free Member

The one above is the basic piste map. I got a half decent one form the tourist office in Les Gets. Not as detailed as an OS style map, but had contours, red, blue and black runs on plus cheeky trail foot paths.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

any chance you scan in ?

Scamper
    Free Member

Will have a go when back in the office but its huge. Portes Du Soleil and covers Les Gets, Morzine, Chatel etc with over 50 VVT routes both downhill and XC

Ambrose

Do you still want those *.GPX logs of XC stuff?

Anyway, if you do, YGM. Delete if not required. Or forward to other interested peoples.

FWIW, some of the logs are plotted from a map, not from following the trail on the ground- so don’t follow them blindly, that might be silly.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The Passportes map is good for showing the locations of all the useful lifts. you need to rake through each of the individaul websites for specific info on the DH Trails (ie, Les Gets, Morzine/Avoriaz, Chatel, and Champery all have their own sites)

Depending where you’re staying Morgins, Champery and Chatel can all be reached pretty easily on a DH bike, but you don’t get bags of riding time. FYI the Chatel mountainstyle course and a good number of trails are actually at Pre la Joux, not Chatel itself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘morzine map’ is closed to new replies.