Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Morzine in September
  • Buzz21
    Free Member

Hi All
    I have a week off at the begining of september and wanted to go to morzine for a 5 days. The lifts for the porte du soleil close on the 4th the day we would get there but the morzine lifts are open still. Would there be enough riding to keep us happy for four days on the morzine and les gets lifts? Cheers

allthegear
    Free Member

Yes – I’ve done the opposite – the early season before and it’s fine. Be prepared to REALLY know a run by the end of a week, though!!

Also, I think it’s a little bit like going veggie – when you cut down your options a litre, you get a little more inventive on what to do. There’s lots you can do if you look hard enough – it’s just that in mid-season you don’t need to look so hard!

Rachel

oliverd1981
    Free Member

We did this last year for a week (only had a couple of days of Morzine, after that just Les Gets) it was OK but, definitely not as good as the full area, would be fine for 4 days though especially if you’re more DH orientated. Not a single lift queue, but not many trail fairies either.

I’ve just come back from Chatel, they have a bit more variety in terms of trails and IIRC their lifts stay open later in the season too?

Buzz21
    Free Member

Thank you very much for that info. Can’t wait

Phototim
    Free Member

It would be rude not to go to the world champs in champery on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th of September! I’ll be there and can’t wait!

bhawker
    Free Member

Sorry for joining and resurrecting a slightly old thread. I’ve got access to an apartment in Les Crosets for a week this September and want to get the best from it. I wanted to get out there and do a bit of XC riding.

It seems strange that the lifts shut down the day after the World Champs finish. Is this right?

I was thinking about going to Les Crosets/Champery between 7th -12th September and have read a few things suggesting the lifts (just in Les Crosets/Champery rather than the whole Portes du Soleil) open on the weekend 10th/11th…I wondered if anyone knew if this was the case?

Also wondered if the lifts being shut was a big deal. I guess there’s probably some decent XC on the doorstep anyway?

Thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Digger90
    Free Member

I seem to recall seeing a poster saying Chatel’s lifts shut on 9th Sept when I was there 2 wks ago…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Morzine in September’ is closed to new replies.