Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Morzine in June
  • nickdavies

Planning to head out to Morzine in June, bit of a mix of kayaking and biking for a couple of weeks. Doing a bit of research on here and there’s a few posts that mention the lifts wont be open until end of June? We’re heading out for the first 2/3 weeks in June.

Anybody confirm this is the case? Is it not till the PPDS that it all opens up? If so how much riding can be done without them? Not talking full on DH here, more AM/XC with an emphasis on being helped by gravity….!

nickdavis94
    Free Member

hey, errrrrrmmmm you seem to be named after me 😉

i to am heading out to morzine at the same time in the summer for the first time, and will also be taking my AM bike.
    Im afraid i cant be any help as its the first time im going aswell. But thanks for raising the question as i just presumed the lifts would be open, will be interesting to find out!

Might see you there… cheers Nick Davis

toys19
    Free Member

Is it not till the PPDS that it all opens up?

Some lifts in morzine are open from mid june and then the full Passportes Du Soleil lifts are open on the ppds weekend. I am fairly sure that you will be able to get a lift assisted ride somewhere from the middle of june on..

geetee1972
    Free Member

Last time I went to the PDS region was 2009, the week before the PPDS. There were two lifts open; the Plenny in Morzine and the Chavanne in Les Gets. Nothing else was working until after the end of June, not even Mont Chery in Les Gets.

If what you’re doing is shuttling the DH runs off of the Plenny or Chavanne then it’s enough to keep you occupied for a week and it’s pretty quiet as well, so you have the place to yourself.

flap_jack
    Free Member

My experience as geetee above.

If you can pedal there are some good long days out though.

nickdavies

Well that changes plans a bit… we are heading out for a couple of weeks but 1st week in June was meant to be the main biking week as most of the group are only doing the first week!

Back to the drawing board methinks….

schrickvr6
    Free Member

2011 was the same as Geetee said above, arrived the evening before Plenny and Chevanne opened and Morzine was a ghost town.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Morzine in June’ is closed to new replies.