Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Morzine Family Holiday- Road or MTB
  • tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I’ve got a family holiday and wedding in Morzine coming up, not a biking trip and I’ll have very limited time to ride, it would be rude to not at least take a bike if luggage allows. Having never been to the area I’m not sure which bike to take, obviously I know the MTB is great but I expect I’ll probably only manage a couple of one hour blasts in the morning before breakfast and if I’m lucky one longer ride during the trip. I’m wondering if its worth taking the MTB, is there much riding to be had directly from Morzine or will I need to use the lifts to get to good stuff, I’ll probably be riding most mornings before lifts are open. Perhaps road bike would be better choice for a few short spins.

rascal
    Free Member

The trails and runs go directly from the town centre so no need to go far if time is limited.
    You’d need to buy a lift pass to make the best use of your available fun time.
    There’s a lot of gear to take for off-road just for a few short blasts. I would feel cheated if I took all that out there and didn’t ride as much as I’d like.
    Not ridden on the road out there but I’d imagine that it’s top quality riding – there are some big climbs/decents straight out of Morzine – one being up to Avoriaz. As ever, there’s a lot less faffing involving with roadie riding but nowhere near as much fun.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d rather pack my road stuff than everything I’d need for the MTB!

chakaping
    Free Member

If riding outside lift times and for short bursts, road bike seems the obvs choice.

nickjb
    Free Member

Personally I’d focus on finding ways to get more riding in, especially once the lifts open. There are mtb trails right from town but without the lift you’ll be starting with a big climb. The road riding is also great and it’s a regular location for road races. Again lots of climbing. It very popular with both kinds of riders for a good reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Family Holiday- Road or MTB’ is closed to new replies.