Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Morzine, can i walk over to Les Gets ?
  • weeksy

Off over tomorrow, but no biking 🙁

Last year we took the Pleny left and rode over to Les Gets… it didn’t seem far.. but maybe because I was on a bike LOL.

Is it walking distance ? The stalls/entertainment is in Les Gets this year, so 1 of the days I want to head over for a look see.

nickjb
    Free Member

Easily. Its a nice walk. Either walk all the way or get the Plenney up and walk across and down. Lots of routes (no need to go on the road). Probably take an hour or so. Or get the bus.

weeksy

thanks nick, will walk it 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just about but its all uphill (not steep just steady). Get a bus (probably none) or taxi. Your accommodation host may run you up there. As you’re busted up have you thought about renting a car ? Walkers can use the ski lifts. Lunch at Mont Caly above Les Gets, fabulous views. About 20 mins walk from top of Mont Chery lift or via car, it’s on the route map I sent you. If you rent a car you can be the hero and do the rider pickup from Samoens after the other guys ride the descent.

JEngledow
    Free Member

You could go up the PLeney lift, walk over the top and down on the Chavvannes lift into Les Gets, which might save you a bit of walking (I presume you’ll need to walk back too).

weeksy

JEngledow – Member

You could go up the PLeney lift, walk over the top and down on the Chavvannes lift into Les Gets, which might save you a bit of walking (I presume you’ll need to walk back too).

Is that the Red into Les Gets ? I was thinking on the way back I’d jump on the lift outside the Red which is into LEs Gets town to get a chunk of the up out of the way.

igm

Not considered a car, but it wouldn’t work anyway as LHD, means I need my right arm for changing gear, right arm not working, so I’m a no for hire car.

Automatic?

weeksy

not that bothered mate, I’ve got plenty of bars and a couple of books, bar in our accommodation along with a Jacuzzi lol… it’s all good.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is that the Red into Les Gets?

Yes, but my main point was that you can get the lifts down as well as up the mountains!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

there’s a small chalet restaurant by the golf course that’s a good half-way stop.

Top of Pleney lift turn left up the hill and it’s just by the golf course on the brow of the hill.

bland

Is the pleney lift not closed this year for renewal?

Speeder

Ask your accommodation provider and they should be able to do you a walkers lift pass for about 3 Euros*. That way you can at least get up the mountains for lunch and enjoy the view. SuperMorzine cafe would be a good one to go to as it’s fairly small and just off the bubble. Not many places to walk to from there though.

Hope you enjoy your week and commiserations.

*If they’re still doing this.

EDIT

Seems they are MULTI-PASS (say it like Leelu)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jWGbvemTag[/video]

JEngledow
    Free Member

Is the pleney lift not closed this year for renewal?

That was last year, the new one is now up and running and opened on the 14th June 🙂

annebr
    Free Member

If you have a look on this large JPG map of the PDS the Orange route from the top of Mouilles down to Les Gets then round to Morzine should keep you occupied for a few hours.

PDS Map

The Pleney isn’t marked on it but I have seen that they say it will be open this season.
    Lift open times

All the trails are well marked and it’s easy to wander about the hillside.

hora
    Free Member

Its a long walk. You could walk down/through the tennis courts run then pick up/where it pops out on the road immediatey before the start of Les Gets rather than the typical walk which takes you past the bottom of the Gully run and mid-Chavannes

weeksy

thanks guys 🙂 much appreciated.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah, you can do it. We did it the other way (Les Get – Morzine) a couple of years ago. It was HOT walking up though.

If you don’t want to walk up/down a massive hill then it’s only 7km by road. I don’t know if there’s any footpaths along the valley, there probably are.

hora
    Free Member

There is – shaded too, its a long snaked singletrack/great path. Can’t remember how to do it in reverse though!

Scamper
    Free Member

As Hora says, largely `bridleway’ style bath running on left of road from Les Gets to Morzine. Think it spits you out on the road near the roundabout just above Morzine?

hora
    Free Member

Yes it sits about 0.5m lower than the actual road between the two and follows similar contours. A nice alternative to the road down IMO.

weeksy

Was a nice stroll over and back actually

Here’s the boys who left me earlierp

jambalaya
    Free Member

@weeksy the small local type restaurant in Mont Caly above Les Gets is very nice with a stunning view. Accessible via road (car) or bike/walk (from Mony Chery lift and walk/ride along fireroad) – note that’s the lift in Les Gets away from the “main bike/park/trail side”). Your mates could meet you there and either ride back to Les gets or take off-piste Col Ecrenaz route back to Morzine.

Have a great time and healing vibes. Sorry you are missing out on the riding.

weeksy

Ive sat and watched motogp all afternoon with beers and burger, its hot and sunny, life is good

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ive sat and watched motogp all afternoon with beers and burger, its hot and sunny, life is good

Enjoy, Just as I’ve got access to a van so I can go riding somewhere more interesting forecast is for rain this weekend.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Morzine, can i walk over to Les Gets ?’ is closed to new replies.