Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Morzine accommodation for next summer
  • lister

Last year the Listers spent two lush weeks in Morzine and we want to go back next year.
    We were in a great chalet but it was too far down the valley and we ended up driving back and forth too much.
    Next year we want to be within riding or walking distance of the town centre.
    Somewhere between Morzine and Montriond would be about perfect, on or near the road that leads to the big footbridge for example.
    We’re looking for:
    2 bedrooms (1 for 2 kids and a double)
    Self catering but it doesn’t need to be huge.
    Outside space would be nice.
    Either private parking or secure storage (garage) for the bikes.
    Getting the discount on the multipass would be a deal breaker…

Obviously airb+b, tourist office lists etc but I’m after direct recommendations or suggestions.

If you want to PM me so you’re not publicising a gem then that’s cool.

Thanks

lister

Let’s use this one!

nickjb
    Free Member

When searching it’s worth upping your bedroom count. The price for two bed isn’t much less than even 4 or 5 bedrooms plus the bigger chalets and apartments tend to be much nicer.

lister

Good tip, thanks.

nealglover
    Free Member

I’ve a friend who has a lovely apartment in the centre of morzine. Halfway between the pleney and the super morzine lifts.
    Sleeps up to 8 but ideal for a family or two couples. (double bedroom, room with four singles and a sofa bed in the living area)

Email in profile if anyone is interested.

Ambrose

lister- where were you? St Jean D’Aulps? We’ve stayed there a few times and like the calmness. It offers next to nothing for kids though.

I’d echo the above comments re: bedrooms. You get so much more bang for your buck if you get a larger apartment.

nigew
    Free Member

I have stayed in this with a group and is very near to the town centre but not near anything rowdy
    https://www.reach4thealps.com/summer-self-catered-chalets/chalet-jouet-summer/
    The same company have another chalet opposite but don’t seem to list it for the summer now, Petit Sapin or something similar

lister

We were further down than St Jean in a tiny hamlet up a very steep track. Amazing views and peaceful but too far out for all the activities we wanted to do.

Thanks for the replies.

jambalaya
    Free Member

ygm

Call the tourist office, tbh they’ll be focused on the upcoming winter season but they are always helpful.

lister

Cheers Jambalaya. Just got your message.
    The tourist office info on chalets only goes up to April ’18 at the moment… 🙁 (understandably though!)

nealglover
    Free Member

Have sent details.

Fat-boy-fat

Has anyone else got any recommendations? A smallish group of us are heading out for the weekend of Crankworx and are looking for a central Morzine place to stay. Just getting quotes for full weeks at the moment, which isn’t ideal as we’re only there for 3 nights!

BoardinBob

For 3 nights I’d go for Le Cottage (although it may finally be closing down and getting demolished after winter) L’Aubergade, Le Tremplin etc

matt_outandabout

It isn’t Morzine, but depending on your kids ages Les Gets may work…

We stayed here last year – short distance from the lift, short walk to the Lake – which was also the meeting point post ride most days. Les Gets felt very calm compared to Morzine, and very (teens who wanted to ride) friendly.

Apartment was clean, simple, great views, good hosts and we would go back again. Secure bike storage and wash downstairs.

http://www.chalets-lesgets.com/summer/apartments/alpine-lodge-apartment-1.php

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Fat boy I have stayed in Hotel Grand Tetras it’s just by Bar Robinson – Recommended

Fat-boy-fat

Cheers for the recommendations. I’ve only stayed in Endless Ride, Ride Morzine places and they’re now defunct, so we’re struggling.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Morzine accommodation for next summer’ is closed to new replies.