• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by SOAP.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Morzine
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So 6 years in the making the Mrs is finally ready to go.
    1st time for both of us (bit excited)
    Looking for accommodation recommendations for 2 people.
    Book now or are there better deals to be had closer to the date.

matt_outandabout

We just got a great little place in Les Gets, the week before those pesky English have school holidays.

The prices of Eurostar, accomodation etc all rose over Christmas, I imagine it will continue to rise as everyone has same thoughts as you.

wallop

So is one of you talking about mountain biking, and the other one skiing?

SOAP
    Free Member

Booked Eurostar last night for £81 each way, which I thought was ok.
    Les Gets looks to have nicer accommodation but catching the last lift out of morzine at 5pm concerns me a bit.
    We’re booked for end of July.

nickjb
    Free Member

Morzine is a much better location than LG if you want to explore and go for bigger rides. You can ride until much later and still get home easily. For 2 people you are probably looking a hotel although there are a few small apartments around. You’ll have no trouble getting a room as the place is well under occupied compared to winter. I’d say if you want an apartment or a space in a shared chalet book soon. For a hotel probably go for a late deal but still worth looking now

momo

Check Airbnb for accommodation, I booked place right by the plenty lift this year through there.

BigEls
    Free Member

Call Zeb at chalet Montana. Just outside Morzine 5 mins by bike.

Good rates in summer. Say Ells V put you in touch. Could get a deal.

flap_jack
    Free Member

The Igloo hotel. Ask for a room on the non-road side. Lockable bike storage and drying room, and friendly host.

tonto
    Free Member

Where does the Eurostar drop you off?

oldtalent
    Free Member

I was mr lastminute this year, only booked 7 days before I went in July. I plan to do the same this year as I dont want a repeat of last year with the weather. The 1 week forecast was absolutely spot on & I should have heeded it & stayed home, but it was my first time also & I was super exited about going. (it was torrential rain & we lost 3+ days)
    I had no issues getting accommodation that close to going out there.

deadkenny
    Free Member

SOAP – Member 
    Booked Eurostar last night for £81 each way, which I thought was ok.

Taking bike(s)?

SOAP
    Free Member

Bikes will be in the back of a Van. Why?
    Mrs wants to know if parking at the property is a must(not sure why).. thanks in advance

matt_outandabout

Oops, I was speaking summer.

deadkenny
    Free Member

SOAP – Member 
    Bikes will be in the back of a Van. Why?
    Mrs wants to know if parking at the property is a must(not sure why).. thanks in advance

Ah, I guess you meant Eurotunnel when you say you’re taking the van.

Eurostar being the passenger train has limits on taking bikes that’s all (and £81 would be cheap to get Eurostar to the alps).

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Check out the morzine tourist board website. Me and the missus have booked a few nice apartments in the centre through it.

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone know what MTB room means? Are bikes safe in this room

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Morzine’ is closed to new replies.