Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Morzine
  • cassie
    Free Member

Hi, we’re in Morzine until 24th a couple of things, my son is here so is there any minimal effort routes anyone would recommend that are suitable for a child? Also, we’re splitting riding with looking after child and dog so going out alone so if anyone else is around and wants someone to ride with give me a shout!

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m here now and we’ve done a few green routes with our girls (8 & 10yrs). I’m happy to meet up for a chat – are you in Morzine centre?

flap_jack
    Free Member

cassie, where have you found to stay that’s dog friendly ?

thanks – jack

bartesque

Hi Cassie

We are just down the road in St Jean d’aulps in a similar situation looking for routes with family but also to get out on my own/ others

nickjb
    Free Member

For the very young the trails along the river are nice enough. You can go a decent distance off road and no climbing. The green in les gets under chevannes is very nice. Flowy track with no surprises. The green on the Mont chery side is a ok but has a slightly techy bit in the middle and finishes on the road. You can do a fairly easy loop up super Morzine, along the ridge then back to Morzine via goat village and lac mondriand but this has a bit of road too. The blues either side of linderettes are quit nice too as long as it is dry. Twisty banked terms and berms, no drops or rocks.

cassie
    Free Member

Thank you I’ll have a look at those routes, we’re in the centre just by Pleney lift good to meet up and ride, went out today and it’s horrible! I am useless due to a complete lack of experience when it comes to riding tracks when it’s this soggy, I did the red trail from the top of the Pleney and dropped out onto blue halfway through as it was like riding on ice. Gutted! If anyone knows the area and wants to go riding knowing some currently rideable routes that would be amazing. So frustrating and it’s set to stay like this 🙁 really spoils it.

nickjb
    Free Member

It sucks in the rain. Makes the groomed trails twice as hard and the off piste unreadable for me. Sorry. We had 6 days of sun this year but I’ve had my share of rainy years.

cassie
    Free Member

Jack – we got a great deal through reach for the alps for an apartment, immaculate, right in the centre and dog friendly 🙂

bartesque

Morznet forecast indicates weather improving this week although other sites contradict this

One question I have is should I kit the kids out with knee pads was planning the blue mont Chery side + the green from chavannes

tonyg2003

Hi. In Les Get at the moment. The green from Chavannes is much more child friendly than green from Mont Chery. The Mont Chery green has a technical stretch about half way down and finishes on the road. (Edit – same as post above!!)

Our son is 12yrs old and does greens and blues here but is itching for reds.

The weather forecast is improving all week and hopefully the trails will dry out a bit. Otherwise there will be plenty of hosing bikes and kit!!

cassie
    Free Member

We’re thinking of taking him out on the green, with the wet the blue is not child friendly at all. Then we’ll probably swap and do some harder runs separately so if anyone wants to meet up and come along let me know. I’m also training for a Tri so need to do some XC routes probably around 30k if anyone fancies that too! Get a bit bored riding alone!

cassie
    Free Member

My reply has disappeared for some reason. We’re going to do the green route suggested and then separate and do some harder trails while it’s dry. If anyone fancies meeting us to ride either harder trails or with kids! send me a PM. Will be nice to know some other people out here due to the amount we can do together is limited.

bartesque

Sorry missed your earlier email ended up having non biking day 🙁

Convinced family to do the route nickjb suggested above super morzine ridge then lake tomorrow and have a full day Wednesday if anybody around

Stoner
    Free Member

Cassie, which reach for the alps building are you in?

Unfortunately I’m here on my own until Friday with the boys in language school in the morning so can only do shorter rides in the morning this week but I have some good xc routes on maps I can show you. I’m based in Montriond if you’re nearby.

Tony and I managed to grab a nice little ride out this morn

cassie
    Free Member

Sorry not checking the forum enough! We’re in frond neige right next to pleney lift. I swam the lake yesterday, anyone any idea how long it is?

Ideally after doing a 30k bike keeping it fairly flat so I can then follow it with an 11k run. Also happy to come out on the downhill courses if anyone fancies it!! Is there any recommendations of things to do with children or kids clubs? My son hasn’t met any other children and he’s going a bit stir crazy!!

nickjb
    Free Member

I think they do something with kids at the tennis club. There’s the skate park, ice skating, mini go-ape and the pool (all under the suspension bridge). All full of kids. The pool at avoriaz is great for kids too.

cassie
    Free Member

Thank you, we did the go ape at cascade du nyon, it was great and we’ve been swimming. I didn’t see the ice rink though is it in the same place? He’s never really been into tennis but I’ll look into it 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Ice rink is next to the pool. Open skating at various times and there is usually a hockey game once a week (next one on the 20th). Worth a watch. Stand next to the glass for some close up action.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cassie, I’m taking my boys to the “friendly” match versus chamonix tomorrow night (thurs), tickets are cheap and can be bought from the tourist office beforehand or on the night at the rink.

The other go ape is down stream from the skate park, 100yd down the right bank.

Ive put my boys in with the alpine French school for the mornings this week while it’s just me to help them work on their language as well as it being a lot like a kids club with lots of play.

cassie
    Free Member

Thank you Stoner, I have emailed the Alpine French school. We’re only here until Monday now but if they do odd sessions rather than a weekly booking and can get him in today and tomorrow he’d love it!

We’re going to go to the match too, we went ice skating yesterday :). What time do you think it’s best to arrive to get seats close to the screens? Thank you for all your advice!!

Cassie

nickjb
    Free Member

For watching the match I’d strongly advise standing right at the front up against the glass. You can do this at either end. You miss a bit of the action when it’s down the other end but at your end boy is it close up. See if you can not flinch when they come at you or get body slammed. You can wander around so if you really do want to sit you can still pop down to the edge for look.

cassie
    Free Member

Thanks Nick 🙂 What time should we get there? We’ll make it a challenge, whoever flinches loses!!

nickjb
    Free Member

We normally arrive late, ie after kick off, and there is still space, especially down the far end away from the door. Any time should be fine.

cassie
    Free Member

Thank you 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Cassie if your son/daughter (?) wants to watch the game with a couple of other boys (5 & 8 ) pm me and we can catch up at the rink tonight.

cassie
    Free Member

Stoner that would be great as he is 8 too and I’ve booked him into the French school tomorrow for the day so I’ll PM you. Another question for you lovely people! Do you know of any dog sitters/kennels in the area? We’d love to go cover some good XC mileage tomorrow since my son will be at the Alpine school but it’s too much for the dog.

Cassie

cassie
    Free Member

Probably being silly but can’t see any PM option on here :/

Stoner
    Free Member

Email address in here
    http://singletrackworld.com/members/stoner/

See you later, drop me a line.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Morzine’ is closed to new replies.