Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • MORZINE 2014
  • cowley33
    Free Member

Me and my friend are heading to Morzine next week and with it being our first time we thought it would be cool to meet people out there maybe to hit some trails with! Even better if you have been once or twice before so you can show us some neat little routes etc

Heading down 27th July – 7 August

flap_jack
    Free Member

If it’s your first time you won’t be needing to find ‘neat little routes’, there’s absolutely tons to do.

Enjoy. (we’re going out mid-September, I prefer it quieter and don’t mind riding up hill.)

cowley33
    Free Member

I just meant good routes not to miss and things i guess. I can’t wait to get out there after looking it up for so long!

Swelper
    Free Member

Salamander. Top route and panoramic

nealglover
    Free Member

Can you get decent maps of the area from the tourist office ?

Always ridden in the 3 Valleys before but will be in morzine for 2 weeks shortly.

moniex
    Free Member

Great map (not the free one !) and book with routes available from the tourist office.

We will be there 2-7 august. Myself, husband and 2 boys (11 and 13).

Simone

asc70
    Free Member

there’s a few of us out there next week ,as to where to go ,it depends what you enjoy doing ,light trail ,techy stuff,downhill it’s all there ,i tend to like the techy stuff and secret trails some of it’s a bit daft in places ,the downhill tracks are good as well if you like that sort of thing.

nealglover
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any decent secure(ish) parking near (or in) the centre of Morzine and the costs ?

The place we are staying is up the hill from Bar Robinson on the junction and there is no parking space, so looking for somewhere nearby to park.

cowley33
    Free Member

If anyone is able to give me and my friend a lift from near lake geneva it would be awesome!
    otherwise we are faced with the 4 and a half hour bike with our equipment haha
    we would obviously pay our way.

hazza123
    Free Member

I’m working out in morzine ahd have 5 hours off during lunch if you want to meet up, just give me an email, should be in my profile 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cowley33 try some of the transfer companies, just jump on the train to the airport.
    Or busses
    http://www.morznet.com/travel/buses.html

jambalaya
    Free Member

@cowly call Ski Transfers – they will take you from Geneva to Morzine for €30-40

cowley33
    Free Member

Thank you guys, i will take a look

If anyone fancies meeting up in morzine please feel free to drop me an e-mail at – cowley333@hotmail.com
    would be awesome to make some friends out of it.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Pack ya waterproofs..

mudfish

Yes , waterproofs.
    Maybe some mud tyres. (Hillbillys seem to work well).
    I was in Les Gets in August a few years back and it was like riding inside a dishwasher.
    Rather generously, I thought, the big local bike shop was selling builder’s one piece all plastic overalls at what seemed a fair price. Kinda gives an idea of how wet it can be. I bet they could have got €40 a set if they’d asked it.
    Maybe visit screwfix for a coverall hit if you’re uplifting. Its been wet this year according to a pal in Cham, so they might have run out! She recommended Les Gets, new mellow trails she said.
    Folk were hosing each other off with the bike wash. We gave up once drenched to be honest.
    I’m in Les Houches next week and I guess it’ll be similar.
    Enjoy, The Alps are wonderful, wet or dry.
    N

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not 2014….
    It rained a lot this year, on anything too open and fresh it was a slide. Me and a mate raced one section unable to pedal as the wheels were clogged with mud. It was special….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘MORZINE 2014’ is closed to new replies.