Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • morvelo cycling kit
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ive seen some Morvelo kit that i really like, but hellfire its expensive!
    £70 for a jersey, £90 for bibshorts. Are they worth that amount of cash?
    I need some good quality bibs for longer distance riding but i know naught of Morvelo’s level of quality.

wwaswas

It’s lovely kit. Quality materials and pads.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Its the pad I’m thinking of, ive 3 sets of cheaper bibs and 2 are now only fit for short rides as the pad has compressed too much.

JoB
    Free Member

that’s not expensive

i have all the Assos, Rapha, Gore etc kit and put Morvelo on out of choice, done 100 miles on and off road no probs

cloudnine
    Free Member

The jerseys are a relaxed fit (mine has room on the waist), and the arms are quite snug and long. Loads of room in the pockets…

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s a good point, i fit Sportful’s stuff and that’s supposedly quite snug!

willstaffs
    Free Member

I own loads of morvelo stuff as I am a little obsessed with it, fantastic kit.

Quite often wiggle have it cheaper than the morvelo website and they sell it all off at the end of the season.

cubist
    Free Member

I’ve got an enduro jersey and for a ‘loose’ top the fit’s pretty snug. Quality seems great though.

Drac

It’s great kit but the jerseys are rather snug.

stevio

i bought some 2nd hand chasseur de cols bibs off Fleabay. Did 103 miles from Harrogate to Sheffield 3 weeks ago starting in the pouring rain. Fine and dandy – i’m 5’6″ and 76ish kg and the medium is fine with just enough compression for support…

Drac

i bought some 2nd hand chasseur de cols bibs off Fleabay

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I found the stitching in the back pockets went on mine..
    I know have a cracked iPhone 4s..
    😥

lowey

I have an enduro top. Being a fat bastard, it, rather surprisingly, fits me like a glove without making me look like a gimp suit wearer.

So, if your fat… ace… if your thin, probably a bit baggy.

Crell
    Free Member

Shorts are great, tops are poor IME. As with Teetosugars above the stitching on the pockets pulls apart. I’ve had that on 2 morvelo tops.

I seem to remember the shorts were 60 or 70 just a few years ago when I started buying them. They are excellent though.

stevio

Drac you are almost as witty as my son (it’s noted in his school report too) but is that a spare Wayans???? Did i beat him to them ;)????

mboy
    Free Member

Morvelo kit is ace

£90 isn’t expensive as far as bibs go, but the Morvelo bibs are as good if not better than the best from Asos/Castelli/Rapha etc. that cost a whole lot more.

I’ve been selling Morvelo in my shop since we opened 7 months ago. It’s my top performing clothing brand sales wise, despite being the most expensive! I don’t need to sell it, magazine reviews, Internet forums and other customers do that for me!

Jerseys are slightly snug for sure, I’m 5ft10 and 75kg and wear a Large top and Medium bibs.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

5’2″ & 9 stone 3lb, 36″ chest = small or extra small?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I think they look good and I like the fact they only make a limited number of each jersey, BUT….. be warned, I found the xc jerseys to be a VERY odd fit. The arms were just ridiculously tight on me. Tried two sizes, the M was OK on the arms but baggy on my body, the S was OK on my body but felt like the circulation was being cut off around my upper arms. I don’t have big arms by any means either. Can’t comment on the shorts as never tried them on.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

The XC/road Jerseys would be a good fit for anyone that has a pot belly and stick insect arms 🙂 .

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Love their kit, however the back pockets have gone on the KMP jersey I have. Pity.

funguseater
    Free Member

Well pleased with my chasseur de cols top and bibs saved few quid as bought together. Came in the post today, very fast. I am 5 11 with 42 chest 36 waist. Large size top is snug (I’m normally xl) but very comfy. I wanted tighter fit for road. Shorts in XL and they are so comfortable. Will defo be buying more from Morvelo they got the retro look just right. Quality kit.

devash
    Free Member

I bought one of their long sleeve ‘trail’ fit jerseys in the Wiggle sale for £42. Its a lovely cut, not hip hop baggy downhill and not gay bar XC snake, in the middle, and just right. Always get compliments from other riders when I wear it.

The quality is really good too. Much better than Altura and Endura stuff which I really don’t rate too much now.

rOcKeTdOg

Ime no, they are not worth that, half price in a sale yes

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘morvelo cycling kit’ is closed to new replies.