Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mortgage Brokers
  • dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Evenin’ all, I remember from a few years ago there was at least one decent regular on here that was a mortgage broker (or Independent Financial Adviser) – are there still any these days?
    I’m a FTB & need to sort a deal out for a place i’m interested in buying, but I don’t like the broker i’ve had meetings with to date.

jekkyl

Do it yourself, you don’t need a broker. Look for the best deal yourself and give em a ring. It’s not that complicated 🙂

spacemonkey

London and Country here. Lots of advice and free. What’s not to like?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

The brokers/agents I’ve met go on about preferential rates they apparently get sometimes, that I wouldn’t get when going direct.
    I’ve no idea if this is fibs/stretching the truth but am switched on enough to sort it myself if it’s not really worth the benefit of going via a broker.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Both London and Country and John Charcol told mrs RRR and I that we had no chance of getting a mortgage.

We then went to mrs RRR’s bank and they gave us a mortgage

*shrugs*

jruk
    Free Member

Trinity Financial sorted everything for us – got us a great deal, sorted all the crap out, nice people etc etc.

bland

Couldn’t recommend this guy enough, even provided other financial advice and good advice on insurance for us too

Craig Dickinson Dip PFS
    Independent Financial Adviser

Tel: 0797 1247964

bland

But just rememeber all mortgages have a fee attached that the broker makes, preferential mortgages probably have a higher fee id say!

anc
    Free Member

+1 Do it yourself its dead easy, assuming your credit rating is good. Lots of good deals especially if you’ve got a good equity %, that are easily accessed without the need to pay someone a fee.

zip
    Free Member

It depends on your circumstances as to what deal you can get and whether its worth going with a broker or not. I had to use a broker to speed things up as 10% deposit for a second property doesn’t get you much choice of lenders.
    He got me a mortgage which isn’t available direct from the lender. The mortgage fee was the same as other quotes I got and I will end up paying him about £300 when its completed. The rate he got me blew anything else I could get on my own out of the water.
    As I understand it, the brokers make more money out of any insurance they sell than for the mortgage.

alfabus
    Free Member

london and country +1

did a lot of the legwork, and actually helped with the process of moving house – in stark contrast to the collective shower of shite that was the estate agents and solicitors

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mortgage Brokers’ is closed to new replies.