Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Mortgage advice please
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi
    Can anybody recommend me a trusted mortgage advisor preferably in the west mids
    Im after a standard variable mortgage with no penalties for early repayment im after less than 60%of the value and self employed

Ive been contacted by a local firm who got my number when i registered with moneysupermarket but they want 1% of the mortgage as set up charge is this normal

Thanks

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

London & Country – did my last 2 mortgages – brilliant service and no charge to you above what you would pay if you went direct – My broker was a guy called Tristan Parker – ask for him.

Of course, if you tell them that Jon Brooke from Wareham sent you then they’ll send me a bottle of champagne, but that has nothing to do with my recommendation whatsoever.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ive been contacted by a local firm who got my number when i registered with moneysupermarket but they want 1% of the mortgage as set up charge is this normal

They should get comission from the mortgage company. You should not have to pay anything – avoid them and ask to be taken off their contact lists

gusamc
    Free Member

You might want to look at offset mortgages. (savings are offset against amount owing – so you effectively get your mortgage rate as interest – tax free). Works if you want to have some cash in a current account scenario – the mortgage is paid when your savings exceed amount owed – no penalty to my knowledge.

I’m with Intelient Finance.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I have to say i was very unimpressed with London and Country this time after having used them twice in the past. My fixed rate had fininshed so i was looking at my options, they were very insistant on me taking out a new fixed rate at 6.5%!! and constantly advised me against a variable rate. When i got the paperwork from my existing lender through re what happens after my fixed rate fininshes i realised that i drop onto their standard variable rate of 3% which means my repaymetns have more than halved. L&C never even suggested this as an option , they were pressing hard for me to take a new deal (so they get their commission obviously).

bigsi
    Free Member

snap – I am happy to help you out on this if you are still looking.

I run a whole of market mortgage brokers but am not in the West Midlands. However, i have clients all over the world so thats not always a barrier.

As a whole of market broker you can also choose how we get paid, which maybe what the company from moneysupermarket were getting at with their 1% fee.

At the moment you may struggle to find an SVR mortgage as most new deals have tie ins for at least a couple of years but I’m quite happy to speak to you, take some details off of you and do the research.

My e-mail address is in my profile but my work address is sihills@moneydecisions.co.uk

Cheers

BigSi

snap
    Free Member

Bigsi
    YGM
    snap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Mortgage advice please’ is closed to new replies.