• This topic has 50 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poly.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Morrisons security guards
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

In Asda the customers stab them selves

morgs
    Free Member

I’d question their legal ability to detain you using those handcuffs.

Understandable them wearing stab proofs if the threat of being stabbed has been assessed to be high enough.

Perfectly legal. I am trained in “Arrest & Plastic Restrain”. The Security Guard has the same powers of arrest as anyone else (bar PCSO’s as they give up their right to arrest when on duty apparently) ie they can arrest for summary offences (those that are tried at the Crown Court)

I’ve arrested a couple or 3 people in my time and they’ve been cuffed – it is a very handy tool to have*

*although, if I was a security guard in mozzers, I’d be more than a little embarrassed if I needed to resort to cuffing someone over a 7p can of baked beans

totalshell

nick.. nearly crashed when i saw that this weekend.. whats it all about..

ps security guards in supermarkets are all contractors certainly not employees of supermarket. theres is probably in the worst three jbs of all time. its soul destroying mind numbingly boring and the worst pay and conditions imaginable. they even have to pay double price for food in tesco staff restaurants..

nick1962
    Free Member

totalshell
    No idea,think that land may belong to the church.
    I’ve also noticed a couple of arty graffitti slogans across town too.
    Probably some Hebdeners 🙂
    PSA Morrisons own brand curry sauce 20p at the moment,saw a woman with a trolley full today.

nealglover
    Free Member

they even have to pay double price for food in tesco staff restaurants..

They certainly won’t have to in Morrisons.

I’m not employed directly by Morrisons and I get staff rates in the canteens.

As do the people collecting for charities in the foyer, local police that happen to be passing, window cleaners, and basically anyone else that has a reason to be in the store for a reason other than shopping.

chip
    Free Member

Charged the police in the canteen, never.
    As a schoolboy I used to deliver pizzas for dominos and if an officer of the law came in there was no charge, we often delivered pizzas to the station, again no charge.

And the police had some sort of charity funday one weekend and literally every other pizza that day was for them, no charge.

But then we had a couple of armed robberies while I was there and had to hit the panic button a couple of times because of drunks trying to attack the shop staff late at night.

And they were always there mob handed in minutes, car doors flung open and out before the car had even stopped.
    So the manager did not begrudge them a few free pizzas.

nealglover
    Free Member

They still pay staff rates in the staff canteen at Morrisons.

(But at £1.35 for a full breakfast with toast and tea, it’s hardly expensive 🙂 )

butcher

Never seen any security at all in our local Morrison’s. ASDA though…they have bouncers on a Friday and Saturday night. But that’s a bit of a ropey area…

chip
    Free Member

I figured CID had a system where they pinned a piece of every takeaway box on a pin board near the phone.
    Much in the same way the native Americans used to hang the skulls of the animals they had hunted from the trees so others could see what animals and in what numbers had been hunted recently as to save them from rinsing any one particular species.
    😀

CountZero

That Sir is a brilliant idea, Handcuffs as bike locks.. Easy fit in your pocket, one key (I guess) can lock easily around the rear wheel/frame whilst the other cuff locks onto something solid..

Had a pair of those StreetCuffs for years, only real disadvantage is the diameter of what they’ll go around.
    Heavy, but they’ll go in a pocket.

poly
    Free Member

they can arrest for summary offences (those that are tried at the Crown Court)

is that your final answer 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Morrisons security guards’ is closed to new replies.