Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Morning Swim before work
  • Caher

Moved near a local pool so wandering if I should try to get up an hour earlier and go for a swim before work, to leave the evenings for other things. Worried about motivation and feeling dopey & hungry at work all day. Anyone else do the morning swim shift?

bensales
    Free Member

I’d love to, but none of my local pools open early enough to still allow for my commute to work 🙁

bearnecessities

Tried it. Problem was the nutters that also were there at opening times.

It was like swimming amongst a set of powerboats; I’m not exactly a slow swimmer, but prefer quieter times at pool.

Oh, and I had no bloody energy in comparison to 3pm normal time.

Caher

ah yes – forgot the nutters.

restless
    Free Member

I swim before work but not at a council pool, it is at David Lloyd so not full of old grannies.

I just take a few snacks with me as I get hungry afterwards but feel more energised, not tired.

tonyd

I used to swim early, get to the pool for about 6am and swim for an hour. If it’s laned then you should be OK, just get in the right lane and crack on. You’ll probably feel tired and hungry for the first week or two but you soon get used to it. Shame you’re thinking about it going into autumn/winter as spring/summer time there’s nothing better IMO. Sets you up nicely for the day (not just swimming, any early exercise).

samuri
    Free Member

I used to swim most mornings, just a quick mile normally.
    The pool opened at 6am and it was full off old people by 6:05 all meandering about leaving a trail of wee in their wake.

I asked that a lane be created at one side for faster swimmers (I’d say there were 5 or 6 of us normally) but it was refused. Then one day I was swimming along, head down. An old gimmer weaved about in front of me and I planted my hand on his head and pushed him under the water. I stopped to see where he went and he was just sat on the bottom of the pool waiting to die.

I dived down, pulled him up where he coughed up loads of water. I dragged him to the side and helped him out.

Next day they’d put up a lane rope.

bearnecessities

Then one day I was swimming along, head down. An old gimmer weaved about in front of me and I planted my hand on his head and pushed him under the water. I stopped to see where he went and he was just sat on the bottom of the pool waiting to die.

I dived down, pulled him up where he coughed up loads of water. I dragged him to the side and helped him out.

I’m only 35 FFS!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Morning Swim before work’ is closed to new replies.