Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Morning STW any of you able to tell me the best software for opening zip files
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Preferably cheap or free and without having to fill in any stupid offers or other bollocks.

K.

jam-bo

Any modern OS should open them natively.

PJay
    Free Member

Windows certainly handles Zip files natively (decompression and compression) and treats files as directories within the file system. Depending on what version you’re running you may need to enable the feature.

Cowman

7zip works best for me

leffeboy

7zip

z1ppy

7zip it’s free and does most thing (well everything I need) as winzip but supports more formats (or did).

kaesae
    Free Member

All I’m trying to do is look at some files on MTB websites like KONA and SCOTT, my computer is quite new and is running windows 7, any idea how I activate this ability?

Also hows everyone getting on, riding today?

druidh
    Free Member

If you are running Windows 7, all you should have to do is download the file to your PC and then open it using the normal Windows Explorer interface.
    What browser are you using?
    Do you have a URL for one of the files so I can try it?

richmars

Once downloaded, just double click on the file, and it will open like a folder. Or right click to extract the files.
    Always been there for me, didn’t need to turn it on.

PJay
    Free Member

Yes, I’m pretty sure it installs by default. The .zip file should behave just like a standard file system directory (unless something else has hijacked the .zip extension).

I’ve just had a look and it no longer appears as an option you can install/uninstall on Windows 7 so it should be an integral part of the OS.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Morning STW any of you able to tell me the best software for opening zip files’ is closed to new replies.