Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Morning Plumbers! Cup of tea?
  • paul4stones

My cold water combination valve on the unvented hot water system is leaking about a bucketful of water every couple of days. It’s a Santon and been on for about 5yrs and I see a new part is about £100 (they seem to have changed the design slightly). Is it a simple job to replace?

sam_underhill

Is it just coming out of the safety release? Might just need your expansion bubble recharged. – well, this is what needs to happen on my Megaflow anyway.

paul4stones

It’s just dripping from the bottom. Looks like the sort of thing you could just take apart and replace a washer but apparently not!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paul4stones

Reading a bit more it seems work on an unvented set up is not a DIY job. If so then I’ll get on the phone and get the kettle on.

redben

Paul,

You could check the pre charge on the expansion vessel to male sure its correct however if its been leaking for any period of time the valve seat will probably be damaged.
    Sadly you are correct in that technically you need to be qualified to fit it, although most plumbers tickets for unvented cylinders have expired!

paul4stones

Ok thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Morning Plumbers! Cup of tea?’ is closed to new replies.