Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire – Pubs and places to eat?
  • d45yth
    Free Member

Hi, does anyone know the best places to go there?
    Cheers for any info. 🙂

d45yth
    Free Member

Bump. Has no one off here been there?

rOcKeTdOg

too posh

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, you’re not far from the lovely George at Shipston on Stour. The Plough at Kingham is very, very good, too.

Hollow Bottom at Guiting Power is rather nice, too.

Lygon in Broadway if you’re feeling posh!

In fact, the whole area, at least south of Shipston, is rather full of people who went to that dreadful Slough comp…. 😉

d45yth
    Free Member

Thanks, it’s not me who’s going. I’m doing a bit of research for someone who’s coming from abroad.

richardk
    Free Member

I ate in the Redesdale Arms earlier this year – good food and beer.

brack
    Free Member

Fire college ?

KidCragg
    Free Member

When I was at the fire college we tried most the pubs out and they were all alright. Don’t remember anything special but they all served a purpose! Can’t remember names but the one on the T junction is / was ran by Jim Steele!

Google FA Cup final 1976 if you don’t know who that is! He was nice bloke and very chatty which is good if your into football. He played with pele, best and osgoodby!

I have vague drunken memories about a karaoke night at another one but who knows where!

One pub was always closed due to the basement flooding

saleem
    Free Member

It would be Daylesford Organic or The Kingham Plough for me, in that order as well, after that The Mullberry.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire – Pubs and places to eat?’ is closed to new replies.