Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • More worldly people than me – please explain this
  • dannyh
    Free Member

On my usual Saturday ride I turned off of a main road out in the country side and into a gateway. On the floor were a set of number plates and a Selfridges bag full of empty packets of (according to the label) monosodium glutamate and a few other bits that looked like the sort of foil packaging that flat bits of smoked salmon come in. The MSG said it was produce of Thailand.

I have absolutely no idea what this all adds up to. I suspect some kind of nefarious activity involving a stolen car at least, but otherwise I have no idea. Is this some kind of elicit sweet and sour sauce trade I have tumbled on?

I’m sure one of the worldly types out on STW will know what this means. Should I be informing the local constabulary for example?

bearnecessities

and a few other bits that looked like the sort of foil packaging that flat bits of smoked salmon come in

That’s a red herring.

easygirl

Stolen plates
    Msg might be used for cutting down cocaine
    Foil for wrapping drugs or taking heroin

Disclaimer
    All the above is in the mind of a retired drug unit sgt

dannyh
    Free Member

Is it worth letting the boys and girls in blue know?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

always worth letting police know.

Let them decide if it is guff

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone got any salmon?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFJdUJg4wOk[/video]

Mr C is the prime suspect.

timba
    Free Member

Is it worth letting the boys and girls in blue know?

It’s worthwhile for the number plates alone, the possibilities for the packaging is ice on the cake 🙂

skids
    Free Member

shoplifting?

andyl
    Free Member

Stolen plates
    Msg might be used for cutting down cocaine
    Foil for wrapping drugs or taking heroin

Disclaimer
    All the above is in the mind of a retired drug unit sgt

Ketamine sounds more likely from the description. Take photos, report to local Police.

psycorp
    Free Member

MSG is used to cut any number of drugs.

robsoctane
    Free Member

As stated, MSG is used to cut drugs, coke, speed etc. You just stumbled on someone’s ‘knocking up / bashing’ spot…

The old number plates are left behind so anyone who sees a dodgy car lingering and reported the number plate – they reported the wrong one and CCTV will take ages.

cookeaa

Could the smoked salmon packaging be a clue to import methods?

i.e. Vac-pac your naughty substance, hidden out of view between layers of pungent fish (mackerel maybe?) to try and put the dogs off?

robsoctane
    Free Member

cookeaa – Member
    Could the smoked salmon packaging be a clue to import methods?

i.e. Vac-pac your naughty substance, hidden out of view between layers of pungent fish (mackerel maybe?) to try and put the dogs off?

That’s exactly what ‘they’ think but it won’t really put off a service dog. Nothing does really.

BillMC

The MSG will make it last longer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘More worldly people than me – please explain this’ is closed to new replies.