Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • more valve help with tubless tyes
  • karnali
    Free Member

ok tans rim, yellow tape, vlave in ust advantage on, track pump up she goes no problem still air coming out of valve i've done the careful filing thin to remove excess tape.

SHould there be any tape between valve rubber bit and rim or should it be rubber bit of valve straight onto metal of rim to get the seal. or should the rim hole be lined with with the excessyellow tape after scoring the cross in it

reluctant to file anymore as i don't want to damge vlale hole

ta

karnali
    Free Member

any ideas?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

make sure the valve is tightly screwed down, yes the rubber bit can simply sit on the yellow tape – i don't understand why you have been filing the tape, just push the value though the hole…

are you using any wheel milk to help seal any leaks?

sometimes the seal isn't great and the use of a small rubber o-ring on the outside of the rim helps

scaredypants

had to do mine tighter than I expected – I put a washer on the valve stem before I put on the little knurled nut & then did up the nut with pliers rather than fingers (not mega tight, mind – maybe half a turn or turn further than hard finger-tight)

glenh
    Free Member

Have you got any sealant in there?

I'd be surprised if you get it all properly air tight without, but sealant with fix your issue in seconds.
    Plus, why would you want to ride without it and still get punctures?

karnali
    Free Member

will sitck some sealant in i intend to use it just i have inflated tyre and air is leaking out reasonbalby quickly so wanted to check i was not missing something obviouse before adding the sealant
    ta

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘more valve help with tubless tyes’ is closed to new replies.