Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • More stolen bikes in Bristol: keep an eye out!
  • ianpv
    Free Member

My friends in N. Bristol had a couple of bikes stolen from their house last night. Specs are below:

Bike 1:

M 2008 heckler, silver anodized, RP23.
    Fox 36 Float (grey)
    Mainly XT groupo (w/servowave brakes 180mm)
    thomson post
    bars & stem, Easton ea70
    highrollers, rims XM719s on Hope pro II
    Hone Crank Set

Bike 2:

24-7 dirt jump frame (BSX hardtail), black, size 15 inch
    fox 32 vanillas
    8 speed, w/E13 chainguide
    XTR shifter
    hope hubs,
    highrollers
    deore disc brakes 165mm
    very distinctive and rare Vsixty black pedals

The heckler is pretty much mint and is a really beautiful bike that will be missed greatly by the owner, the hardtail is older and in less good nick, but still a nice bike. If anyone sees anything, my e-mail is in my profile!

cheers,

Ian

MrAgreeable

Rubbash! Although I have to admit, I’m slightly relieved that they weren’t yours Ian, as mine would probably be next! Will keep my eyes peeled, worth a cross-post on some local websites perhaps?

ianpv
    Free Member

yes just cross posting now to BMBC, where else do you reckon?

Best keep the addresses quiet, eh? Although far richer pickings at your house than mine, I’ve only got two bikes 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Eeek!

*gets triple dose of the fear*

I’ll keep an eye out.

BTW: Know of anyone who has lost an apple green DH bike w/big TC grey Fox 40’s on it? Entirely happy that it was the fat chav’s bike, but I do wonder sometimes …

MrAgreeable

Ian, true, they’ll have to sift through a right pile of second hand tat to get to the nice ones though.

There’s a few Bristolians on Bike Gaydar – I’ve got an account there if you want me to post. He could also try dropping a few flyers round the LBS’s, it might turn up at Bike Workshop or the like.

Andy, was the fat chav’s bike anything like this?

If so then drop me an email pronto!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Posted on the cheesy riders…

ianpv
    Free Member

thanks Gary.

Done bikeradar and SDH too.

harrytoo
    Free Member

Another N Bristol Theft, going to downgrade my training bike to a pub bike!

I am in work and cannot see the link, but….

I pass North Bristol Fat Chav on his Ironhorse Sunday most mornings, saw him riding home with a mate the other day on an equally excessive commuter complete with fox 40s. I have also Seen Fat chav on a Orange 222 / 224 or similar.

As Another Dead Hero says….. I too am positive that he and his friend are collectors of £3k downhill machines but sometimes I wonder whether they are overkill for the 3 mile commute from Southmead to his place of work in Patchway.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You’ve seen hi too harry?

Are you positive its an iron horse? I’ve never managed to get a close enough look. I see him in the evenings in Filton. Something just dosn’t sit right, thats why I noticed him …

harrytoo
    Free Member

Yep, he looks well out of place spinning along the A38 on that. In fact the first time I saw him I spent the evening checking all internet sites to see if anyone was reporting a stolen Sunday.

I am 99% sure it is an Iron Horse Sunday, I have also seen him on a white Orange downhill bike (With RS Boxxers) and his mate was on a Norco (I think, it was dark).

He rides along Southmead road to Filton Roundabout, then along the A38 to the flyover where he turns right into Patchway, I normally see him at 7.30 – 8.00am. Have also seen him numerous times struggling along the A38 on the way home, up the pavement by the golf shop at about 5 – 5.30.

I think he works in the Bus depot / Tyre place.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I suspect you’re right Harry, but I’m not sure that Sunday was nicked, not unless he has also nicked some Fox 40s from somewhere.

harrytoo
    Free Member

It would seem that since I saw him last time he has been shopping again, you were right ADH, he’s not on a Sunday anymore, now its a Lime Green Santa Cruz Bullit, obviously the Sunday was too much bike for his commute!

So anyone know whether anyones lost a brand new bullit?

MrAgreeable

Well it’s not mine, unless he’s managed to steal it and ride it across town in the last hour and a half. 😀

This is quite an interesting thread, is it maybe worth a cross-post to SDH ? I’m thinking either he’ll get lynched by vigilantes, or turn out to be one of the people who post on there.

enfht
    Free Member

Tell the old bill?

MrAgreeable

On second thoughts, it seems like the unusual commuter bikes of Southmead are already pretty well known in DH circles.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/forum/index.php/topic,184541.0.html

harrytoo
    Free Member

This really pisses me off.

Anyone got any ideas?

Apart from move from North Bristol.

Time for a sting with a bike fitted with a tracker and a posse to go get it back?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘More stolen bikes in Bristol: keep an eye out!’ is closed to new replies.