Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • More stolen bikes Bristol!
  • squaremonkey
    Free Member

Went down to get my bike out to ride to work this morning and found my shed broken into, 3 bikes gone and 2 had been cut straight through as they were chained up to the others. My Devinci Dixon, Cotic BFe and girlfriends Specialized Myka FSR are gone and my Kona Jake the Snake and Van Nic Euros cut straight through but left behind.

Obviously gutted as they were really well locked up and whoever did it had to go through at least 3 gardens to get to our house. Pretty sure they new what they were coming for as nothing else of ours was touched nor the neighbours.

only positive is I hadn’t bothered to wash the Devinci after a trip to BPW on Saturday so it was plastered in mud so some little scrote will have to clean it up before selling it onto his worthless mates.

Now to test out the insurance policy.

Pics of what was taken are here if anyone is in Bristol (specifically St Andrews)

http://www.stolenbristolbikes.com

squaremonkey
    Free Member

One other thing is that I think I was followed home or my car seen outside the front of my house with a bike on the roof. The theft coincided with me having using the car with bikes on the roof for the first time in a few months on Saturday.

Be careful in Bristol!

FuzzyWuzzy

Bummer 🙁 hope you get a speedy payout from your insurance

squaremonkey
    Free Member

yeah fingers crossed, Loss Adjuster is coming round on Monday.

If anyone is in the Bristol area and uses Twitter perhaps they could retweet this:

https://twitter.com/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stolenbristolbikes.com%2F2013%2F12%2Flawrence-devinci-dixon-cotic-bfe-and.html

Cheers!

goyawave
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about your bikes…. where do you think you were followed home from, Ashton Court?

squaremonkey
    Free Member

Thanks.

No not from AC, haven’t been over there for a while and never drive there. I had been to Bike Park Wales on the Saturday so had one of the bikes on the roof of the car outside the front of the house for a while when getting stuff out of the car. I imagine it was then that someone went passed and saw or had seen me drive though Briz and follow. Bikes were then stolen on the Sunday evening.

jimpy
    Free Member

looks like the scumbags from Merthyr are starting to follow people home. I have had two bikes stolen and police think I was the target of an organised gang following people home from cwmcarn. always used to carry my bike on the roof, not anymore. police took it seriously, they installed cctv in my garage and gave my riding buddy a ‘bait bike’ to keep in his garage (unfortunately no bites!). I think this is going to become more of an issue at BPW. there are plenty of scrotes in Merthyr. a lot of bikes are left unattended sometimes only for seconds, but that’s long enough. if I am riding there solo again, gonna lock my bike up before going in to pick up my wrist band.

goyawave
    Free Member

Your kidding! I live near you OP and stopped going to AC for the same reason… Never thought anyone would follow us back from Wales!!

jimpy
    Free Member

I live in south wales but one of the first questions the police asked me was if I rode at AC or FOD. I raised my doubts that anyone would follow me that far. they explained they had some evidence that cars carrying bikes had been followed from Afan to Bristol!!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I thought I was followed once (Manchester, not Bristol) I parked outside the worst looking house on a nearby council estate and got out as the following car drove past clocking the house. I’ve still got my bike, not sure if they went back to look or not, doubt it though.

I rarely put my bikes n my bike rack now if I can help it.

Be careful not to show your bikes off and don’t go straight home, take a strange route to see of cars behind go that way too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘More stolen bikes Bristol!’ is closed to new replies.