Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • More Stans Fluid needed?
  • paulneenan76
    Free Member

For a couple of months I’ve needed to have the bike in the house. Twice now I’ve come down to a deflated tubeless rear. Pump it up and is fine for a week or more. Rides fine, fine when in the car. Could this be needing more fluid (did the front at the same time and its fine) or just be a result of a warm house?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I always take off the wheel and shake it. If I can’t hear anything sloshing around I top it up.

edward2000
    Free Member

How much stans do you put in usually? I just topped up with about 80ml

steve_b77
    Free Member

Could be, in a 29er XC type tyre I go for 100ml and in my cross tyres 60ml

ernie

Ditch the Stans and use Orange Seal. I switched last year and haven’t looked back.

Brainflex

Whats better about Orange seal?

darrenspink
    Free Member

If the tyre is seated correctly it won’t go down regardless of if you have sealant in or not. Check the rim for any dents, maybe try adding another layer of tape, check the tyre for any damage.

vincienup
    Free Member

Is it s Nobby Nic? I’ve known a few of those be persistent deflators…

ernie

I found the Orange Seal lasted a lot longer than Stans. The initial sealing process when seating a tyre seemed faster than Stans (there wasn’t the continuous pissing out of sealant for hours). I’ve used OS all year and haven’t had any problems seating tyres or any punctures. Could be luck.

simondbarnes

If the tyre is seated correctly it won’t go down regardless of if you have sealant in or not.

It will if air is leaking through the tyre.

patriotpro
    Free Member

might be punctured

I topped up mine at the weekend and the rear tyre had 4 or 5 punctures which sealed after the top up

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’ve put about 15mm more stans fluid in. Looked like some punctures needed to seal and porousness of the Nobby Nic rear meant it was seeping through the sidewalls. Off to FoD tomorrow so hope it keeps air overnight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘More Stans Fluid needed?’ is closed to new replies.