Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • More SRAM/Giant questions
  • krixmeister

Hi all-

This is my second post to the forum on SRAM XX – I recognize I’m probably going overboard here!

OK, I know any answers to the below question is really just speculation until the products from Giant and SRAM hit the street, but thought I’d tap the collective knowledge of the forum anyway!

Very definitely want to run SRAM XX drivetrain as soon as it becomes available. Also, very definitely want to upgrade my ride to a Giant Anthem frame.
    My dilemma is should I purchase an AluXX Anthem frame now, run my current components and upgrade to XX when it becomes available, or should I wait until the 2010 frames become available (possibly going for the new carbon frame instead – but I don’t even want to open the whole carbon/alu can of worms just now!).
    The Velonews article (http://velonews.com/article/89271) seems to suggest that the new Anthem carbon frame will definitely work with the SRAM XX narrower Q factor (a concern, as some frames won’t).
    I guess my main concern is if I get a 2009 AluXX Anthem frame, will it be compatible with SRAM XX narrower Q factor when the cranks hit the market?
    Any ideas?

–Kristan

Offroading
    Free Member

FYI the XX Crank does have a narrow QF but it’s not THAT narrow. Bearing in mind it’s been in the works for 2 + years Sram have confirmed it does work with 90% of bikes. There was some info available start of the year with Dave Turner redesigning his bikes so they could run it, one would assume other manufactor’s have had similar deals.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘More SRAM/Giant questions’ is closed to new replies.