Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • more runneristtrackworld content: avoiding being a sweaty betty in the pm
  • Pook

I’ve just been for a lunchtime run and had a shower. I’m still sweating. To the extent that someone in the canteen asked me if it was raining.

Any tips?

Stupid.is
    Free Member

I found when commuting in the summer the best solution was at the end of the shower to whack the temp down to freezing for a few mins. That helped to drop my core temp enough to stop the post shower sweats.

timb34
    Free Member

Leave enough time to stop sweating before you shower.. I used to work in an office where the one shower room had zero (or possibly negative) ventilation. If I came in from lunchtime exercise and jumped straight in there, by the time I’d stripped showered and put work clothes back on I was actually wetter than when I went in. Even worse if someone had showered just before.

Might feel strange sitting around in running kit for 10 minutes, but it’ll help

alanf
    Free Member

Are you doing a cool down before jumping in the shower?
    Take some time to walk after your run and your body should cool down so you’re not still hot once you take to the shower.

dovebiker

Don’t just stop running immediately, take the chance to have a cool-down for the last few hundred metres and then gradually lower the shower temperature

bikebouy
    Free Member

There is no real answer other than cool down before you return to work, depends on how fit you are and the outside temps but it takes me about 10mins to cool down and then I just wipe/wash when getting changed back into suit.

No need to make a fuss, better that you are being active and suffer the odd snide remark.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘more runneristtrackworld content: avoiding being a sweaty betty in the pm’ is closed to new replies.