Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • More normal Renthal stem
  • ratherbeintobago

60mm. Wonder if there’ll be other lengths?

Speeder

Rather than a solution for increased length, could this simply be a solution to the creaking a lot of people experience with their Duos?

passtherizla
    Free Member

No creaking from my duo and it’s 3 years old and is second hand.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Odd design still. That front plate must be in more than one piece or it’s impossible to fit around the bar as it wraps over 180 degrees.

Northwind

I’ve seen other stems with a similiar design, you fit it in the narrow part then move it along. Might be an issue with some funny shaped bars…

Speeder

passtherizla – Member

Mine either but I’ve had a few friends that have had creaking issues with them and it’s a known “problem”

honourablegeorge

My syntace is similar (but opposite) – bars will sit in it without the faceplate.

Not tried riding without the faceplate. Probably not a good idea.

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’ve seen other stems with a similiar design, you fit it in the narrow part then move it along. Might be an issue with some funny shaped bars

That would work I suppose but it feels like different for the sake of difference to me.

honourablegeorge

passtherizla – Member

Properly torqued and greased Renthals don’t creak – unless your bars/steerer are fractionally undersized. They seem to be more sensitive to poor tolerances than other designs.

Worth testing on a different handlebar or fork if you have persistent creaking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘More normal Renthal stem’ is closed to new replies.