Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • More MyHermes Fun
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with MH and have used them a lot in the past.

However this may change. I’ve just had something delivered while I was at work. The tracking says “in a safe place” with extra detail of “in garage”.

I don’t have a garage. Or anything that looks like one.

Hmmmm. 😕

BillOddie

It’ll be over your fence or in your bin.

DezB
    Free Member

One of these within 10 miles?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I had the same thing.

Stuff was slung over the side gate, in a black plastic bag.

Actually I ‘d prefer that to being left with my neighbour, but that’s more about my neighbour than anything else.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I put my bins out last night and found behind them a package from DX that I had absolutely no idea had been delivered. I think it’d been there since Thursday.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

If only there were places we could go and buy stuff without having to get things delivered. Someone should invent them, they would do well…

steve_b77
    Free Member

I had one yesterday, delivery tracking said signed for. There was no one in and the box was left on my doorstep, first issue I’ve had with them.

munrobiker
    Free Member

If only there were places we could go and buy stuff without having to get things delivered. Someone should invent them, they would do well…

My wife says shit like this. She got really cross about a website that wasn’t working (turns out it was her computer) and said it’d be easier than going to a shop, despite it being significantly cheaper to buy it online, requiring no petrol or parking costs and, despite her computer flobbing, taking significantly less time. And she could buy it on the sofa in the evening, when the shop is shut, rather than doing it on a weekend when she’d rather be doing something fun.

DezB
    Free Member

If only there were places we could go and buy stuff without having to get things delivered

Would there be, like.. other… people at these places??

Jakester
    Free Member

I_did_dab – Member

The problem is these days that many shops, to limit overheads, only have the bare minimum of stock in. If you want something slightly outside the norm, then you’ll have to wait for it to be ordered in. How many of us have gone to the bike shop only to be told that they don’t have that gubbin in stock?

However, I tried to make the whole process of deliveries easier. I ordered a purpose-built, self-locking steel box which is placed in the front garden, just away from the front door. It has writing on in 6″ high letters saying ‘Deliveries’ and full instructions on how to use it on the lid (“Open lid, place parcel in box, close lid, twist knob to lock”).

Despite this, I have repeatedly had parcels either left in the recycling bins, rubbish bins, with our elderly neighbours, back at the depot or just left, in the rain, on the floor in front of the front door.

thehustler
    Free Member

I had the same the other day ‘put in a safe place in an out building’…….it was behind the bin…..

fasthaggis

Aye,just you wait,those MyHermes delivery drones will be on stream next year.They are going to be programed to target bins,bushes,poodles puddles and shed roofs.

newrobdob
    Free Member

If only there weren’t smartarses who think they knew what I ordered was a shop which sold what I ordered.

wiggles
    Free Member

They can’t put “lobbed it over the fence” so just make stuff up to seem better than they are

zilog6128

Despite this, I have repeatedly had parcels either left in the recycling bins, rubbish bins, with our elderly neighbours, back at the depot or just left, in the rain, on the floor in front of the front door.

The only way to stop this would be if everyone just refused to buy anything delivered by the bargain-basement couriers. But that will never happen, because people like cheap stuff almost as much as they like moaning about poor service 🙂

Jakester
    Free Member

zilog6128 – Member
    The only way to stop this would be if everyone just refused to buy anything delivered by the bargain-basement couriers. But that will never happen, because people like cheap stuff almost as much as they like moaning about poor service

The problem being, that your smartarse response doesn’t address, is how one chooses which courier to use when the retailer doesn’t give you a choice or specify which service they use.

For example, I have ordered quite a lot of stuff off Amazon over the last couple of days. I have Prime. Despite it being in two separate orders, the items (all but one of which qualified for Prime free delivery) have been sent by separate means. Two items in one parcel by DPD, one item by Royal Mail, three by Amazon Logistics (i.e. a bloke in a van) and the non-Prime one by Herpes.

I had no option whatsoever to select the courier used in any part of that process.

tjagain

Easy – you email the vendor and ask them – and cancel the sale if they use one of the idiots.

Rose bikes no longer use DPD after complaints – because they hand over deliveries in the UK to UK mail who lose stuff all the time. so pester pressure works

newrobdob
    Free Member

Unfortunately the tale ends here as I found the package in the recycling bin.

kormoran
    Free Member

You thread killer you

wiggles
    Free Member

Did you notice it before you parked your car in it?

funkmasterp

They can’t put “lobbed it over the fence” so just make stuff up to seem better than they are

If they could put that at least thee would be a chance if actually finding it. Perhaps this is where they are going wrong and a more honest drop down box selection is needed.

Last delivery of the day so couldn’t be arsed
    In the green bin
    Your house is too difficult to find
    Your house is not in a convenient enough place
    I stole your order as it looked expensive

Northwind

Have you asked Nigel Garage?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘More MyHermes Fun’ is closed to new replies.