• This topic has 181 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)
  • more moeny than skills…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

perhaps they would have been better spending some cash on a skills weekend and not a "freeride" trip to South Tirol….

but luckily for us they produced a vid so we can laugh.

titusrider
    Free Member

lol – they are an embarasment

benji_allen
    Free Member

The bit from about 2:30 to 3:00 looks pretty good. They're German, maybe they were pissed?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Three_Fish
    Free Member

Perhaps they can spell better than you two?

Plenty of pretty good riding on there, and they're clearly not embarrassed about their spills, otherwise they probably wouldn't have posted the video; so what's with the scorn? Where do you run your MTB Guides from, Alpin? I need to make sure that nobody I know ever makes use of your services, lest they spend their time being ridiculed or sneered at behind their back.

RepacK
    Free Member

Nice trails, cant help think they have too much bike though still at least they look like they are having fun!

rOcKeTdOg

Perhaps they can spell better than you two?

irony in action!

Drac

Some good riding there and made a few mistakes and as Three_Fish says were happy to show. Way better video than a certain 'look at me I can endo around corners' video I recall.

rOcKeTdOg

i couldn't ride it any better….i enjoyed the Hen's contribution though

mamadirt
    Free Member

Cracking clip – few blokes having fun on bikes, cracking trails, nice backing track – what's not to like.

Thanks for posting – inspired . . . I'm off out 😛

Oh. and I have more money than skills too . . . but I'm on minimum wage 😉

nonk
    Free Member

they ride they like it…fair play.

and i reckon some of it might be way steeper than it looks.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

ta very much, it's good to be reminded that at least there are other people as rubbish as I am 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

Fail fail fail fail fail fail fail.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I don't see what's so bad. Looks like a couple of them are quite good, the others may have bought bikes because they're mates have – like most groups of friends do. If this is sh*t then so am I. Now I have to live with people laughing at me 🙁

trout
    Free Member

Thanks that brightened my morning with a chuckle
    They looked to be having fun and making full use of all their kit
    no point having the armour on if you dont use it 😆

Max
    Free Member

That looked like fun to me

more money than skills – who cares?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Some great YBF crashes, thanks 🙂

ton

i think some of the crashes looked a bit staged…..
    the guy in green could obviously ride preety good, and a couple of the others.

easy to take the pi55 from behind the keyboard too……. 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

Maybe you could point to someone with a heavy £2K full suss bike who ONLY ever rides fire roads as having more money than skills, but this vid is fine. There was one short bit where I thought the guy was going too slow to make the jump but he did.

I seem to have just watched a load of kids having fun and not hurting themselves on crashing. I have far few skills than them. Do I have more money than sense too? I ride a 2004 Kona Caldera. 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The fella in green looked like a decent enough rider. Some of the crashes were caused by glaringly basic errors, and were quite amusing.

What the **** do I know though? I cleared the last section of the gold lower at inners on my arse a couple of weeks back.

rbrstr
    Free Member

Jesus, we're mocking other MTB'ers for having a go? You try,you fall off,you learn.

alpin – Member
    perhaps they would have been better spending some cash on a skills weekend and not a "freeride" trip to South Tirol….

titusrider – Member

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones,you two cant even spell FFS!

bellerophon
    Free Member

Nice video, trails look good and the riding was alright, a couple of offs but hey they're having fun – no need to take the pi55

yetiguy
    Free Member

crickey, if you think they are rubbish, dont come riding with me !!

radoggair
    Free Member

alpin – Member

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones,you two cant even spell FFS!

am i being stupid here, but where's the spelling mistake??

Anyway, a mixture of crap riding and pretty descent riding. Suppose thats what makes a good mtb video nowadays ( in my eyes anyway)

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Have any of the nay-sayers ever video'd themselves riding? You may be unpleasantly surprised. You probably don't look like steve peat.

And alpin, are you not a guide? Surely your job is to encourage people to enjoy riding their bikes, at all levels?

bellerophon
    Free Member

am i being stupid here, but where's the spelling mistake??

The thread title has money spelt wrong, and

has embarrassment spelt wrong

0091paddy
    Free Member

So they fell off a few times, big deal. Some of the riding wasn't that bad really, and based from the video one can't tell how steep some of the gradients were. Looks like they had fun and a laugh at least, which is what it's all about.

OP – please post a video of your riding skills. Ciao

chakaping
    Free Member

God forbid people shopuld film themselves riding bikes before they've reached expert level.

I enjoyed that more than most videos posted on here, seeing people fall off is interesting.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don't see the problem, they look like they were having fun and it wasn't that bad.. I'm sure I look a lot slower and less stable on the bike and probably don't even go that fast!

scaredypants

alpin posts up quite a lot on this subject

wish it was (weak) trolling but I don't think so

how bitter do you need to be to begrudge other people their enjoyment of riding like this ?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Brilliant 🙂 It's carry on freeriding!! I have neither money or skills so I can't criticise 😆 If they are having fun who cares???

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Theres clearly a range of different skilled riders in the vid.

But who cares what they ride like? I bet they had a hoot.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Alpin does seem to a have a bit of a penchant for inverted snobbery. This is not his first post criticising people if he thinks the rider is not up to the standard of the bike. Not good form if you're a mountain bike guide gaining a living out of these people.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If thats the case he's a tool.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Wait the OP is actually an MTB guide? Bad form!

Drac

OP – please post a video of your riding skills. Ciao

He has in the past it was a dull video, staged to hell of him doig endos around switch backs and dragging his back wheel.

ajf
    Free Member

I have more money than skill, nothing wrong with that.

Shame I am skint 😳

gog
    Free Member

As has been said by many, surely this is what MTB riding is about, having fun and not hurting anyone else in the process.

Very poor form for a guide to criticise other riders as well.

I cant ride that well, but can scare chickens and other wildlife on a bike 🙂

dasnut
    Free Member

top stuff – love it, like the songs says, having fun!
    ragging their bikes, something people on this forum should do more of rather than slagging others off or discussing the pros and cons of wearing a helmet

oldgrump08
    Free Member

I enjoyed the vid, they seem to be having fun on some great tracks. Rider in green seems pretty clued in, others are at least giving it a go. What's to criticise?

Edric64
    Free Member

Well produced video from guys who didnt edit their mistakes .I am crap on really steep stuff and cant afford a bike like that.For once I wont criticise

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘more moeny than skills…..’ is closed to new replies.