Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • More mobile phone questions – Samsung Galaxy
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

Has anyone gone from an S2 to S4? My contract is up in two weeks but I have just received a new (reconditioned) S2 from my insurers. I like the S2, it rings people, sends texts, takes decent enough photos and lets me post on STW. So would I get any real benefit from getting a new contract with an S4? Or is the difference small enough to use the S2 and get a calls only type SIM?

grizedaleforest

I’ve stuck with my S2 after having the same option. There are incremental improvements with the S4 but the main new features are NFC; 4G; higher res screen. So if you need/can use any of those, go for it. It’s also a physically bigger phone, which was the final factor in me deciding to stick with the S2. HTH!

captain-slow
    Free Member

I was initially put off by the sheer size of the S4 but having had one for a few months I now don’t notice it except in the positive sense that my aging eyes can read the stuff on the lovely big screen

prawny

I went from S2 to S3 and it was significantly better. There are a few improvements on the S4 over the S3 but not enough to make me want to pay for them.

The screen for example looks shoot on the S2 after you’ve had the S3 in your hands for more than a few minutes. Didn’t really notice the difference in size

ji
    Free Member

Had same indecision. Eventually went for nexus 5. Really good and wah cheaper than most s4 deals I could find

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My missus has an S2 and I’ve an S4. The screen alone is worth the upgrade IMO, and it’s much smoother scrolling/zooming. Worth £400 more over the next 2 years Vs a ‘free’ S2, I’m not sure, but I like shiny stuff that works well so it’s my treat to myself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘More mobile phone questions – Samsung Galaxy’ is closed to new replies.