Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I recommend this cycling kit.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Totobobo anti-pollution mask.

I’ve tried the Respro – doesn’t work with my riding glasses.

The Respro bandana – poorly made. The protective insert collapses after half a dozen rides rendering it useless.

The Totobobo full-size is light weight (supple plastic material), works with glasses and is comfortable (no metal nose band). I chose the ear-loop option.

The only “downside” is that it doesn’t seal well under my chin, but even this can be seen as an advantage – it allows the condensate to run off and closes when I breath in.

The cream-coloured filter pads are noticeably grey after only one hour’s ride in that Sarf Lahndan, so it’s doing the job.

Got it on Amazon.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Good for you.
    Does it filter passive intolerance out as well? 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Not sure I understand your spurious remark?

tomhoward

I know a chap who uses a similar device, not sure he’d recommend it though

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So YOU were the guy with the camera-phone this morning…

njee20
    Free Member

Never seen the point in these, they look horribly restrictive. Is it that much of an issue? Never had problems myself.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You’re lucky. If I don’t wear one, my chest feels tight and I develop a nasty hacking cough.

nemesis
    Free Member

But they make you look all URBAN WARRIOR which is reason enough! You can fit right in on Critical Mass rides, too… 😉

jamiep
    Free Member

Reminds me of the youth I saw darting in and out of traffic wearing a painters respirator mask. Raised a smile when he rear-ended a stopped car in front, prone on the floor in tshirt/shorts and the mask

cookeaa

I find a thin buff pulled up over my mouth and nose on a cold day unbearable enough, I really don’t think I could ride anywhere in a full on monkey mask…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The TTBB:

devash
    Free Member

Been using one of these recently on the daily commute. Drivers have suddenly started giving me more space. Would use it for racing but unless they start making a Ti version the weight penalty is too great.

D0NK

Never seen the point in these, they look horribly restrictive. Is it that much of an issue? Never had problems myself.

at uni riding around Manchester I suffered from a bad chest quite a bit so tried the respro, yes restrictive, got pretty damp inside it, hannibal lector look isn’t great and replacement pads were fairly pricey. Haven’t felt the need since I quit riding “The Busiest Bus Corridor In Europe” (allegedly) but I’ve made several other changes since then which may have had a greater effect. Used to do a fair amount of road commuting in busy, if not major city centre busy, without feeling the need for a mask. YMMV

blurty

The trouble is that masks can only filter the bigger particulates. The ones that do the damage (that can cross your lung and get into your bloodstream) are too small for filters.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I recommend this cycling kit.’ is closed to new replies.