Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • More garage floor questions – what tiles?
  • mtbfix

Moving in two weeks and I have to make the garage habitable for me and the cats as they’ll not be allowed in the house at night. What rubber or plastic tiles can folk recommend that will be easy to clean and reduce the chill and noise?

CheesybeanZ

A floating floor of insulation then chipboard with a decent lino works well .

towzer

can you do lino and a sort of internal kennel, mainly as I think a tiled etc garage might not be a selling on point (imo of course), so I’d go temporary solution on practicality grounds

shuhockey
    Free Member

Costco garage floor covering
    Looks good, easier than lots of tiles.

sharkbait
    Free Member

+ 1 for Lino.

cheap enough, make a big difference to the chill and can be removed at any time. Put the cats bed up off the floor as well (a pallet is good for this).

footflaps

and the cats as they’ll not be allowed in the house at night.

Sounds harsh….

mtbfix

and the cats as they’ll not be allowed in the house at night.
    Sounds harsh….

The only way to put cat flaps in is into the house via the garage. They are not allowed in bedrooms but will scratch at doors that they think you are behind so have to be kept away from bedrooms at night. This leaves the option of kitchen only or not in the house at all at night. As they have a tendency to bring toys (mice) in I figure a comfy garage is as good an option as any as the main garage walls are attached to houses so not too cold hopefully.

Don’t tell the missus you regard it as harsh as she does too.

mark90
    Free Member

To be fair keeping the missus in the garage at night is a bit harsh. Although good for bike security 😀

Big-M
    Free Member

Always kept our cats in the garage overnight, a bed off the floor as suggested is a good idea, I had ours on a platform under my work bench so it was dark and they felt secure.

forge197
    Free Member

I got some tiles from these guys http://plasfloor.mplsites.com/ pleased with them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘More garage floor questions – what tiles?’ is closed to new replies.